Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
UNOH Suspension Enthusiast
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 96 that I'm looking to boost a little. I want to put about 6 lbs to it, chip it, and put a cold air intake on. What's a fairly decent priced turbo kit for these motors? I'd be willing to do a supercharger, as its really whatever is cheaper.

·
Registered
928 Posts
um wow..id probably look somewhere other than f/i

·
Registered
928 Posts
waste of time unless you had a pre 99 honestly it wouldnt give you that much power and to remove and install a motor even for a cheap price just not worth it in the gains

·
Registered
928 Posts
ohh well not sure what the upgrade is there I would assume pretty decent but still not worth it I think going from a single to split is around 45+ hp(correct me if im wrong) and to put an m90 supercoupe swap in a split port only adds a little more so maybe 60 total. Id take that money swap in split port and a windstar which would give you very good gains and keep you under a grand maybe even throw a tuner on it too

·
Registered
928 Posts
heads are with that too and youd be better off with a split port and windstar swap than a chip and cold air but id think that what im suggesting would give you 60 maybe 75 with tuner..somebody else will chime in im sure

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
supercoupe motor swap it and be done with it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
or that..what power do they put out

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I've got a 96 that I'm looking to boost a little. I want to put about 6 lbs to it, chip it, and put a cold air intake on. What's a fairly decent priced turbo kit for these motors? I'd be willing to do a supercharger, as its really whatever is cheaper.
Dont buy one of those ebay chips, i hope your talking about the SCT one.
Even so i would get an X3 over the chip

Dont buy a regular CAI either if you plan on going turbo as it will be useless to you. Unless you incorporated the piping into the cold side.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.