Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
probably will have trouble finding a 4.8.. lol 4.6 is the size :tomato.. just try autotrader or something

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it's no big deal, man :). i would suggest checking auto trader. and definitely make sure you get a carfax or autochek report on the car.. don't even take the dealer's word. they should be able to furnish you one for free. what price range are you looking at and we can probably steer you in the right direction. any specific reason you say 96-01? btw, machs were not produced until 03/04 and the 96-98 was a slightly different 4.6 setup than the 99+

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 98 v6 right now
i love the looks of the 96-98

i dont want to spend more then 9500

i i dont want the 02-08 well i dont have that kind of cash lol i do want one lol

i have my heart set on a 97 or so cobra

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
if you plan on financing, you're probably gonna want to look at 98 or newer depending on who you finance through, alot of the banks in my area don't like to/won't finance something older than 10 years. have you looked around on autotrader yet? also, remember to look at nada and kbb pricing.

by just doing a quick search in my area using auto trader it looks like you could get a gt or gt vert for whatever year you want to about 01 and possibly get a cobra from 98 or 99..

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
one of the best things to do, also, to make sure you actually buy the vehicle you want is have in mind things that you absolutely want to have and don't differ from that.. otherwise you might make an impulse decision on something that doesn't match up to your original idea.. whats your zip and ill look a bit real quick

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

all i want is a v8 5speed
i can care less about the rest

its just a weekend car

and im going to rebuild the motor up so millage is not that big of a deal lol

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
no prob man.. and the money you save by getting the cheaper one can be used to temporarily quench the mod monster.. lol.. just make sure to check out those things i told you.. itll save you headaches down the road, trust me

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is one thing that gets me

if i put some mods in the gt
will it keep up with the cobras

the gts have the 16v and the cobras have the 32 v

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not unless you get a blower. You can bolt on everything to a GT and it still won't have as much punch as a slightly modded cobra.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Found a car yet? Selling a 96 GT with many mods and a 99 PI motor. Lookin to get about $5k ish for it. Chassis has 126k on it and the motor is supposed to be under 30K! I can't verify that though. I posted a thread in the For Sale section. If interested I can send you pix...I can't get them to load to my thread.

Sent you an email...

·
Registered
599 Posts
i bought both my cobras off autotrader, thats where i would look man

1 - 18 of 18 Posts