Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So I've been looking into tuners for my stang for a little bit now, but I'm still not sure which is the best for the money. Many people say Diablo tuners are great, but I also hear SCT is just as good. I don't necessarily want the best tuner, jus one that will give me a good 15-20 HP boost.

Also, dealing with used tuners, is there any reason why someone would not want to get one used? I have seen a couple of DiablSport ones on ebay used for almost two hundred dollars less.

I must note that I also have a BBK RAI installed, im not sure if this changes what tuner I get, but just FYI.

Thanks,

Senile T:eek:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I vote SCT all the way. I'd stay away from used ones because they lock to the original car and it's around $150 to unlock it. Go for a SCT with free tunes for life from American Muscle. They're one of the best in the business

·
Registered
597 Posts
i vote sct all the way. I'd stay away from used ones because they lock to the original car and it's around $150 to unlock it. Go for a sct with free tunes for life from american muscle. They're one of the best in the business
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a SCT Tuner X2 for sale! My wife took it outta my car and I had to get a new tuner for my X charger and got the SCT3 and then a day later found the X2. It is unlocked and has 1 tune that can be deleted. For sale for 200.00 and only used 2 times. First got it with a tune and then to unlock it from my car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a SCT Tuner X2 for sale! My wife took it outta my car and I had to get a new tuner for my X charger and got the SCT3 and then a day later found the X2. It is unlocked and has 1 tune that can be deleted. For sale for 200.00 and only used 2 times. First got it with a tune and then to unlock it from my car.
Sounds great, do you have an ebay account? I can only pay with paypal, and it must be through ebay, unless you send the item first, which is unlikely.

SenileT:eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a brand new diablo for sale. never been married to car
What kind of diablo? Is it for a 2005 v6? And how much are you looking to sell it for?

SenileT:eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have SCT so I vote for that but i'm sure Diablo is also a good choice. AM is awesome and the free tunes is hard to pass up especially since they joined up with Bamachips. Used is not bad to save some bucks but just be careful if getting used, would hate to get stuck with the unlocking fee.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too went the cheap route and picked up a used Diablosport Predator tuner off Craigslist. Saved a ton of $$, and actually met the guy selling it so he unlocked it right there with his car (returned his to stock I guess) and mated my car up so I knew it would work before I paid him. I'd check there before Ebay. IMO a tuner is a tuner...think of it mainly as the tool to transfer the tune file (esp. if you are newer to this stuff like me), it's the tune that really matters so I had a custom tune written and very happy with results :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts