Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a tuner for my 2010 GT. I don't know much about them, thought I'd get some suggestions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stupid question, I know....But, how much power will I gain, or will I gain any at all and will it be a noticeable difference if I gain any?

·
Banned
102 Posts
hell yeah dude you will notice it. with just a cold air intake with the custom bama tune thats 20hp right there. my dad used to own my 06 before i bought it off him. he had the tuner and when the 93 race tune was on my mom would refuse to drive the car. she said he ruined it. so in guy talk thats a good thing. you will love it. and nothing is a stupid question. thats why they have sites like this. so everyone can share there knowledge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks pretty impressive. I was looking around on the page and noticed I can add a different cold air intake. Would it be worth spending the extra money to get that as well?

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
yeah with the tune + the cold air intake you will see extra gains vs if you put the tune on a stock car.
Ya an extra 3%. Not worth the cost unless money isn't an issue. A cai is by far the best scam ever. I rank it up there with Lucas oil stabilizer and the tornado. A custom tune is all you need. On my 2000 gt I ran on the dyno for 3 hrs. My cousin owns a speedshop and on a new edge a cai did NOTHING. And i tried jlt,k&n,bbk and the amsoil one. A 3v and 4v do benefit. Just not much. It's the biggest snake oil sale ever. Ford got it pretty much right on with their intakes. Get a tuner from American muscle and bama enrolls you in the free tunes for life deal and call er done

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Check out VMP Tuning, they are one of the best custom tuners in the country and have worked wonders for all of my vehicles.

Here is the SCT Xcal3 with three custom tunes of your choice.

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: Custom Tuned SCT X3 Flash Tuner for Ford Vehicle from VMP

Here is a custom tuned programmer with the C&L Racer.

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: 2010+ Mustang GT Custom SCT X3 Flasher and New C&L Intake

Ya an extra 3%. Not worth the cost unless money isn't an issue. A cai is by far the best scam ever. I rank it up there with Lucas oil stabilizer and the tornado. A custom tune is all you need. On my 2000 gt I ran on the dyno for 3 hrs. My cousin owns a speedshop and on a new edge a cai did NOTHING. And i tried jlt,k&n,bbk and the amsoil one. A 3v and 4v do benefit. Just not much. It's the biggest snake oil sale ever. Ford got it pretty much right on with their intakes. Get a tuner from American muscle and bama enrolls you in the free tunes for life deal and call er done
On the S197s with the 4.6L 3V you're going to get gains of 25-30 rwhp with both a custom tuned programmer by a reputable tuner and a good CAI like the C&L Racer. I can tell you from my first hand experience on the dyno that half of it is from the tune and the other half from the CAI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts