Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the horn is hot of the battery but is it the blue/black striped wire or the yellow/green striped? what color wire in the fuse box is a hot wire

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
go buy a $5 test light

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
buy a volt meter and you will find one off the ignition.

if you want to be cheap see which ones sparks when you ground it out..

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
What do you need it for? Its possible to tap into the radio. Or you could also run a power wire off the battery and use a relay.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
+1 don't get one of those cheap ass ones that take a battery either.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
buy a volt meter and you will find one off the ignition.

if you want to be cheap see which ones sparks when you ground it out..
yea I had a bad experience with a test light but how do I test wires do I cut it slightly open and put the positive on it

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
yea I had a bad experience with a test light but how do I test wires do I cut it slightly open and put the positive on it
What? Unless you're missing an eye from the test light, man up and use one. Even if you are, I doubt it was the test lights fault.

Go to your ignition wires coming off the switch, if I remember right there will be either a yellow or a green/violet wire that is +12v.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What? Unless you're missing an eye from the test light, man up and use one. Even if you are, I doubt it was the test lights fault.

Go to your ignition wires coming off the switch, if I remember right there will be either a yellow or a green/violet wire that is +12v.
the yellow wires off the switch are 12+ from the batt. They are also fused by a fusible link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts