Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I'm trying to find a company that makes a x pipe for my car-1993 coupe w/ 351 and C4 transmission. The headers are BBK Shortys. I was just wondering if any one makes an x pipe for the auto transmission, if so would the 5.0 be different than a 5.8? I ran a x pipe on my old 94 GT auto, but I had to be the x and make everything else it was a pain in the butt to get it to work so this time I just want to buy one. The car is now running BBK headers into 3" pipes with flowmaster one chambers,(drag car set up, I'm taking a drag car and making a street car:D) I want to drop down to a 2.5" pipe, x pipe, and magnaflow or slp mufflers and LX tips out the back. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would a universal one not work?
it prob would work, but i'm looking for something i can just bolt up and go. The last universal one i used was a pain to get everything right..plus i dont wanna pay a muffler shop to bend up the pipe to make it work.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
For headers, you need them to be actual 351 fox swap headers, then almost any manual trans x pipe will work. The c4 is a small auto. Most are t5/c4 mid pipes.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For headers, you need them to be actual 351 fox swap headers, then almost any manual trans x pipe will work. The c4 is a small auto. Most are t5/c4 mid pipes.
I have thought about changing out the headers anyway, because the guy that did the conversion used BBK Headers but not the 351 swap headers. I know this because he bent the headers to clear the stearing shaft! So I'm looking at getting the right BBK headers and a UPR x pipe maybe that will all fit together.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
351 giant hood and shorties.... my math isnt adding up

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
the gayness of you running shorties and a massive fuggin hood

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the gayness of you running shorties and a massive fuggin hood
Oh sorry my car is gay, I'll be sure to go right out and change everything to make you happy. I should have talked it over with you first before I got the car. I will never make that mistake againg.......

1. I bought the car with the hood on it, and I do hate it! I'll change it when I get the money.

2. Shorty Headers has nothing to do with what size hood you running, plus I freaking hate long tube headers. They are just a pain in the ass to install and work around. Not worth the few extra HP's you get from them.

3. ITS MY CAR ASSHOLE....:D

:sorry...........................sorry i kid i kid. I did not build this car I traded for it thats why I'm in the middle of rebuilding everything to do it the right way. This car is what happens when rednecks drop thousands in the motor and trans and what ever was left over on everything else. It has a very strong motor I seen in run mid 11's before I got it. It just needs the fine details worked out with it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Oh sorry my car is gay, I'll be sure to go right out and change everything to make you happy. I should have talked it over with you first before I got the car. I will never make that mistake againg.......

1. I bought the car with the hood on it, and I do hate it! I'll change it when I get the money.
Don't mind him, He won't be happy until you put a stock hood back on it. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts