Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i changed my mine about doing nitrous. to many bad stories about it. i have a full bolt on gt with cams. put down 290 last week at strictly performance in houston. I still have the stock intake manifold. Do you guys think if i bought the trick flow manifold or the edlebroke rpm intake, would i see 320-330whp?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Not with the stage 2 cams.

Get the Edelbrock Victor Jr, 6061 elbow, and some stage 3 cams with the TFS heads.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
N/A power and Mod motors dont see eye to eye...IMHO a pushrod motor is the way to go for N/A. Otherwise boost it. This is my opinion

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
well i changed my mine about doing nitrous. to many bad stories about it. i have a full bolt on gt with cams. put down 290 last week at strictly performance in houston. I still have the stock intake manifold. Do you guys think if i bought the trick flow manifold or the edlebroke rpm intake, would i see 320-330whp?
no sorry....you better get a retune also since richard tunes all his cars balls to the wall lol...and doesnt give 2 shits about driveabilty lol...

only way to get decent n/a power is,raise the compression do some heads and better cams lol...

dont be scared of nitrous...you read horror stories of when dumb asses use it lol..

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
lol, too many hooror stories. any power adder is only as good as the set up. as for the power numbers, nope. you will need head work first, then you will be at those numbers. any aftermarket manifold will be useless till you start utilizing/needing the extra air from a different maniold.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, well that sucks. the trick flow heads cost the same as a basic F/I setup. I guess im going to have to start saving for a s/c. Whats the most hp people are seeing now with the heads anyway?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no sorry....you better get a retune also since richard tunes all his cars balls to the wall lol...and doesnt give 2 shits about driveabilty lol...

only way to get decent n/a power is,raise the compression do some heads and better cams lol...

dont be scared of nitrous...you read horror stories of when dumb asses use it lol..
lol yeah richard sure does tune balls to the wall. but my car runs better than it was now. idk about the trick flow heads, the price is kinda steep. might just save for s/c. still have the nitrous thing in my head tho. decisions decisions..

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Throw a 75-100 shot on it! If you don't have LT's get them, an electrip WP will help too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts