Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first mod to my Mustang is going to be Exhaust .

Heres what I DONT want :

I don't want super loud exhaust.
I don't want Droning on the freeway cruising 70mph ( I hear flowmasters are the worst at this)

but I DO want it to "breathe" well and sound better than stock exhaust.

My B.f Suggested MagnaFlows.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If you dump your car that gets rid of the "droning". I have an o/r x and welded flows. Before i dumped the car it wasnt super loud but after i did it deffentaly got a deeper idle and when i get on it the car sounds goood! :D

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
basicaly the cat back...or "muffler back" you cut the pipes right after your muffler, so the down side is that you loose your tips. I had a muffler shop weld on some like 3inch down pipes just so the exhaust didnt blow straight on the axle. It was like 45$ to have that done. i have a pic of it here some where i think...i can try and find it

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ehh turn down exhaust. I kinda of want to keep my tips too. or get better ones.

Im kind of looking for a cat back type system .
Ive got friends at a muffler shop so I get a good deal on installation . but I gotta buy the parts myself.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Ya i know but i figured years done the road once im out of school i could change up the tone of the car with a catback system..but right now i would rather spend the couple hundred dollars on some Long tubes first.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
+1 on the borlas they sound grade on the moduler engins''

qnd andrew a are you saing that dums get rid of droning? because from my experiance i have seen the opisite

·
Registered
111 Posts
spintech prostreets are a really good muffler. they are a mix between a chambered and straight thru muffler. www.spintech.com. i just got a set switching from flowmasters to the prostreets. they are a little louder than the 2 chamber flowmasters.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
How much are you willing to spend?

Borla makes a mellow muffler that isn't as loud as the stingers, but it's pricey, almost $700.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Ive always heard good things about Borla, but I do know they are like one of the most expensive brands too.
very true however there is a reason for that.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
+1 on the borlas they sound grade on the moduler engins''

qnd andrew a are you saing that dums get rid of droning? because from my experiance i have seen the opisite
just going off my car...after i put on my o/r X i always knew when i was at 70mph...once it got dumped no more drowning noise.

Ever consider spinthech?? heard that on Stock GT and it was very nice in that suttle way.

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will look into all brands mentioned. Thanks for all the input.

if any of you think of anything else. let me know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have Pypes cat back system. They have a good low tones and not all the cabin noise like most I've been in. I also have an o/r x pipe but had the cat back system first. You can get the cat back system on americanmuscle.com for under 500 plus with your shop connection you can probably have it installed for less than 400. Good luck. Can't wait to see what you get.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts