Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting lowering springs and was wondering if anyone can post pictures of there mustang lowered.

Springs Ive been looking at are
H&R Race Springs 1.0-1.75" front .75-1.25" rear

H&R Sport Springs 1.6" front 1.5" rear

Im sure we have seen all this about people worried about scrapping there LT's

Well Im not as worried I just want to see photos of the drop to see what Im gonna be working with.

Looking at getting all of my parts from Stangsuspension.

What did everyone pay for a install?
Im looking at installing Springs / Shocks / Struts / Bumpsteer kit / Caster Camber plates / spring isolater

Also Anyone with sway bars and subframe connectors notice any difference?

Thanks I appreciate it, helps me from having to swap parts in and out and changing my mind.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
There is a sight I saw once that had pictures of every spring you ever heard of. I'll look for it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The link is on the MustangForums.com website. I can't get to it from work.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have H&R Race springs with Bilstein HD struts and shocks. And some 17" FR500 wheels. I see if I can get em up on here.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Sometimes I wished I lived where the roads are flat and even. If I lowered my car I would drag the ground at least once per day. Headers and stuff don't last very long doing that.

P.S. I read a post about a guy that hit a speed bump and the shifter leaped up into his hand. That was probably not good.

·
Registered
468 Posts
H&R SS springs on 18's

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
keep in mind the size of your wheels and the height of the tire is going to affect what it looks like lowered so everyones is going to look different.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm....I like that stance. The wheel size im lookin at probably wont change. I will be changing the rear to 18x10 and fronts will be 17x9. Other then that I can only see the rear changing. But I will be on stock 17s for awhile till I can afford new rims.

That stang looks nice!!! props.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i think im kinda regretting the FRP C springs ...putting them on tomorrow i will take before and after pictures....i have 275x 40x 17s on all 4 rims...dont know if that makes any difference..

·
Registered
415 Posts
if your going to lower your car 2in do not go over any speed bumps, mines lowered 2in and i went over a speedbump about a week ago and it crushed my side skirts, just a warning, but i would deffinaly lower your car it looks so much better.

·
Registered
468 Posts
if you have the stock size wheels and tires the wheel gap will be almost the same as with my 18's since the stock size tires have a larger sidewall....the H&R's are a 1.75" drop and im fine over speed bumps even with my LT's....although i would recommend going over them sideways just incase

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you have the stock size wheels and tires the wheel gap will be almost the same as with my 18's since the stock size tires have a larger sidewall....the H&R's are a 1.75" drop and im fine over speed bumps even with my LT's....although i would recommend going over them sideways just incase

gotcha, ya I think im settled with the H&Rs though the FRP C springs look like a good drop too. But I want to go a little lower.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

also did you get your stang repainted?

·
Registered
468 Posts
nope factory paint...why do you ask? also, i think you will be happy with the H&R's, the frp's dont give that stance that most people are looking for

1 - 20 of 31 Posts