Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some ponies...thinking maybe cams...but thats a couple hundred dollars that im gonna have to save up for. I already have american long tube headers, c&l intake and MAF, underdrive pulleys, and mac axle back. Im pretty sure my mid pipe was changed as well..but not positive because some things were done before i got the car, so whats next?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i was considering doing the 4.10s....whats everyones opinion on them? what kind of difference can i expect to notice in the rpm ranges? and what would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yea i was considering doing the 4.10s....whats everyones opinion on them? what kind of difference can i expect to notice in the rpm ranges? and what would you recommend?
your rpms will climb faster

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I love my 4.10's.

Cost me around 400 rpm at 65 mph, and maybe 1 mpg at 70.

Gears are a torque multiplier.

They don't actually change your torque curve.... they just allow the engine to climb through the rpm more quickly, as onederful stated.

I would recommend FRPP gears.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I agree get 4.10s, especially before cams. My car is slower than ****, but the 4.10s made it less slow ;)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
4.10's will really wake your car up. Probably on of the best SOTP mods you can do.

And Zip, how the heck did you get pictures of my old lady?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
get you some 4.10's, 275 dr's, some lca's and some nitrous

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
hey dude.. long time

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alrighty...so then its looking likke FRPP 4.10s are gonna be next. Do i need a rebuild kit or anything like that? Or can I get lucky with just the gears. Anyone gotten them from American Muscle?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Most guys going with a new bearing kit and so on. It's only 30 or 40 bucks.

Don't forget the friction modifier.

Yes, lotsa guys buy the FRPP from AM.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts