Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening, as you can see by my name I am new to the Ford/Mustang side. Still looking for a project be it a fox body or newer Mustang and was wondering if someone could tell me or point me in the right direction....I understand the 5.0 in the fox cars, not to sure on engines in anything newer. I like the looks of the Mach 1 and my uncle has an '04 Cobra witch I like as well. Was maybe looking for something that has been wrecked and newer that I could rebuild as long as it is ok frame wise. My question is what are the pros/cons of the "newer" engines? The car would not be a dedicated daily. I would take it to work once in a while, and of course weekend fun and a trip or 2 to the track when I could. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Dave

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
look for a 03-04 cobra aka the terminator it has a Modular 281 ci 4 valve that it supercharged they are great to build same as the mach 1 it is also a great choice due to the fact that it also has the 281 4V as well but is naturally aspired but keep in mind they still might cost a few g's which ever you choose even if they have a salvage title but it shouldnt be took bad. or you can go with a 05-09 281 3V GT or a 99-04 281 2V GT which will most likely cost you less and still can be built up great as well. as for the engines i find them fairly simple to work on most people say the worse thing to do on them is the headers or setting the timing but its really not that bad it just takes time like anything else and patience you might not have as much room to work with as if you were in a foxbody but there is still enough to get the job done if your planning to get really technical like by ripping apart the block and putting in forged internals and heads, cams, its really not a big deal as one seems it is the modular 2V, 3V, or 4V mustang is still mechanically friendly for most individuals and what i like about my 2V GT is that the wire harness is very easy to remove and reinstall which makes pulling the block out that much easier

1 - 2 of 2 Posts