Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have just bought a 1997 mustang gt an am looking to do some mods an things to it as of right now it has nothing but flowmasters an 373s an i am looking for some little mods to do to kinda soup it up a little like maybe better exhaust or shifter. i am also wondering what kinda oil to use an best brand of spark plugs an wires cause its gonna need a tune up as well any help would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do a full exhaust, mid pipe/catback/headers and a CAI, Throttle body and plenum to help the stang breathe better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Best spark plugs are the NGK platinums, best wires are the steeda 8.5mm pro series (they just as good if better than the 10mm MSD's), MSD coil packs are good too, Mobil 1 full syenthetic is good, deff get a CAI and all exhaust stuff (BBk makes a good X pipe/headers,and magnaflow makes a good catback), steeda tri-ax shifter is sick.. make sure you give all your sensors a good cleaning or replace so that your ECU is getting the right information sent to it... other than that... make sure you change fuel filter if you tuning it up.. good luck

·
Registered
149 Posts
PI swap, gears

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the headers an x pipe is it best to get long tube or short tube?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Shories if your long term goals are to stay na, long tubes if your long term plans are for boost.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont plan on boost but who makes a pretty good throttle body or should my money be spent elsewhere cause i wanna slowly make mods overtime an get the most out of the money i got

1 - 9 of 9 Posts