Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had recently changed out their exhaust to an off-road setup and was looking to sell a set of high flow cats that would work on my 07 GT. I have an off-road x-pipe setup on mine right now but the cops in Georgia and the MP's on post have been giving me a hard time about how loud it is. Either full down pipes or just the cats would work. If anyone has some that they are looking to get rid of let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I've got a stock mid-pipe with cats (16K miles) in my garage somewhere. If you can't find any send me a PM.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks yougin...ill try puttin it up over there..im new to this forum i didnt know they had a want to buy section..appreciate it man

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
no problem. take your shoes off and browse around... this forum had and has alot to offer.. anyways yeah... check out americanmuscle... they sell highflow cat's and they also give ya a better deal cause your a member here ;) although you might need to stick around for a little though..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah man ive been shoppin american muscle since they were mustangtuning haha...my house is 5 minutes from their shop..i love that place but i didnt know they gave a dicount for being on here...thats awesome

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
;) shouldve joined sooner huh? haha

anyways what all is done to your car? moar pictures? would definitely love to know... one thing i hate about americanmuscle is thy are so far away shipping takes a whole week :mad: not there fault just there awesome facility is located 1235791758 miles away...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahaha yeah when i was home it was actually next day..i would even go pick it up most of the time. My cars got a little work done. Some of the mods were on there when i got it cus i got it for an absolute steal so i didnt complain about it not bein stock but its got eibach lowerin springs, sportline trunk bar, pypes o/r x-pipe, pypes exhaust (m-80's), hurst shift kit, intake, BBK 62MM throttle body, new fuel rails with a fuel pressure regulator system, its got a narrowband in it but i wanna swap it out for a good wide band. some visual done to. i smoked the headlights and taillights..its got its got the eleanor grille. Im gonna get some more pics taken this weekend. theres a guy down here with a saleen who does photography too so hes doin a shoot with my car this weekend so ill be sure to put some more pics up. how about you? what you got and what you got done?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice nice..haha i saw that myspace you posted..thought you were all about the 6 bangers?? came over to the dark side i see..very nice. i had a v6 at one point. it looked sick tho

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
my v6 was visual only lol... all that money got me going nowhere... i know with the 3v i will get some gains. and haha the song was back in the day... need a new one now lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha i hear ya..my 6 was all visual plus like intake/exhaust for sound..it woulda taken too much money to make it real fast and i didnt have any money lol..and now i got the GT and thats where all my money goes lol..new mods every month on the 1st and the 15th lol

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
well im not trying to go step by step.. i want to just get the blower/h/c and everything else done at the same time. the v6 had some money into it also... sigh miss that car sometimes

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha i hear ya on that one..if i were to save up for that kenne bell that I want I wouldnt get it for like a year though so I decided to keep it NA for now

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
well i planned to do all this right after i hit 3000 miles but i just hit 2999.5 today and i still havent decided what to go.. i was so sure on the 3.4 whipple but the roush tvs looks so appealing too..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah that whipple is a nasty beast....me personally, i want that kenne bell twin screw..but then again those prochargers are sick as well....they got some serious benefits

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had recently changed out their exhaust to an off-road setup and was looking to sell a set of high flow cats that would work on my 07 GT. I have an off-road x-pipe setup on mine right now but the cops in Georgia and the MP's on post have been giving me a hard time about how loud it is. Either full down pipes or just the cats would work. If anyone has some that they are looking to get rid of let me know. Thanks

didnt read the whole thread so maybe someone already said this. But aftermarket race cats might not fix your problem. My car is catted, kooks catted x pipe. Its loud, and yea, i know how loud o/r is.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
the stock cat's are high flow too... and also you might get more results if you posted this in the classified "Want To Buy" section.

welcome to the boards.
I wouldn't consider the stock cats hi-flow. I have magnaflow hi-flow cats and these are much smaller than the stock cats. With hi-flows, prochamber and magnapacks it's louder than the stock H, stock cats and magnapacks.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
I wouldn't consider the stock cats hi-flow. I have magnaflow hi-flow cats and these are much smaller than the stock cats. With hi-flows, prochamber and magnapacks it's louder than the stock H, stock cats and magnapacks.
well its high flow compared to the rest of the cat's that came out with the stang's..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah I know that the Hi flows may not make it much quieter, but the fact that im drawin so much attention to myself with a loud car, it would proably be better to have some cats on there right now. gettin caught without cats is like $1000 fine. Plus the hi flows are a nice medium between the o/r pipes and the stock cats which were quiet as hell

1 - 20 of 25 Posts