Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tuning Junkie
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Im posting today to ask the forums opinion on a choice I have. I came into a little money. Not a whole lot but enough for me to either upgrade my cams to N-22's (AFM) or buy a Nitrous kit.
I really like the idle lope/power from the cams and there is no bottle to fill if I go with cams. On the other hand a 'hundred shot' would be real nice to have also.
I can install either choice myself but the cams will take A LOT more work I already know. I had a "B" cam in my foxbody and liked that upgrade. Ive never tried nitrous but am willing for the power. My car is a 2000 GT 5 speed and has; Manifold back exhaust - 73mm BBK - CAI - clutch/shifter - Lightning MAF- pullys - oil separator - tune. Its my fun car, it may see track time but has not yet.

I know I have to make the decision for myself. Im leaning towards cams but thought i'd see what you all think or which one you would choose if it were you. Thanks.

·
13,575 Posts
Cams will make you smiles every time you turn the Key, Nitrous will make you frown when you get low..

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nitrous is fun but you need a solid $1k to setup it up properly and have some supporting mods.

My vote is cams....though I loved Nitrous when I had it.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Nitrous is fun but you need a solid $1k to setup it up properly and have some supporting mods.

My vote is cams....though I loved Nitrous when I had it.

·
Tuning Junkie
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your thoughts! I'm going the cam route. AFM N-22, Ill give the forum a review when i'm finished.

"Every time you turn the key" really hits home.

It'll be nice to swap out the tow truck cams for ones that like rpm's a little more.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
cams. I loved my NA cams when I had them. turbo cams just dont thump like the NA's did.

they were one of my favorite mods.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I did both when I first started modding. I needed the nitrous to back up the challanges I got from sound of the cams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts