1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screen shot 2012-11-21 at 12.46.29 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2012-11-21 at 12.53.48 PM.jpg
(before tint)

Okay so let me start off by noting that I am a highschool student with a very crappy income to say the least :facepalm: and worked my tail off to buy my '07 sixxer and was wondering what are some good mods i could do that are reasonably affordable on a student budget. The car has a Pypes True Dual exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake (performance wise) and i have a Kenwood DNX5140 head unit which is great, windows have 20% tint all around, tinted tail lights along with my side markers and my fuel door and rims (for appearance). I'm picking up a set of black quarter window louvers from americanmuscle for listen to this....only $80! I chose to get them black to match my whole "blackout" theme, I am thinking of accompanying all the black with a new set of black stripes.

Post some suggestions, every little bit helps! Cheers!! :drink

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I'm a hs student as well! Paint your center caps black to match. Do a rocker stripe delete. Cai-4.10 gears-tune. Start with that. It'll wake her up a lot

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I also suggest not doing a black theme with white stripes, or change the white stripes to black. They don't mix well with blue. Sweet car and congrats.

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4.10s arent too aggressive for a daily driver? but thanks for all your feedback and glad you like my ride, youve get a sick stang as well

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Thanks man! Auto or 5speed? Auto 4.10's are needed in my opinion. Manual go 3.73's

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 5 speed manual ive been looking at the 3.73s and they get great reviews so i think ill go with those

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
should i get the 3d carbon one or the one americanmuscle offers? OR....go for a gt/cs front fascia

Reactions: RunninOn6

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Yeah, manual go with 3.73's... you won't regret it. AM gets good reviews on all of their products and member of this site get an exclusive discount as well. They work with us and have amazing customer service. Also, I just wanted to point out that it looks like those are the stock wheels painted. You may know that, but you said "wheels for appearance" or something like that and I just wanted to make sure you knew that if it was a new car or something. :drink

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sadly those are stock wheels that i plasti-dipped while i save for some nicer ones, possibly 2010 shelby ones

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
No shame. I plasti dipped mine as well, but they're bullits. I do suggest going on and plasti dipping the tri-bar center cap thing as well, though. The car looks good. I think when you buy wheels, you should shoot for one of the packages AM offers. They have some good prices and you can go deep dish or staggered. I think some black SVE drifts from LMR would fit that car perfectly, though.

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will definitely be looking into that, the rear tires could use some more meat on them

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
So.... you like meet in your rear? :shiftyeyes

Ask Mr. Burton...

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAHAHAHA no sir i do not :getmoney:

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
its a 5 speed manual ive been looking at the 3.73s and they get great reviews so i think ill go with those
Don't forget t-loc and such. That's more important than the gears themselves :lol

HAHAHAHA no sir i do not :getmoney:
I personally think the 3d wing is stupid. I don't see how it could possible look good on a mustang. However, it's your car! But the roush one is my favorite along with the gt500 wing!

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Lowering springs help the appearance too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts