Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to be buying a new car in Feb. and taking the Mustang off the road for a while. When it is off the road, I want to save up a good amount of money to build it up and make it the car I have wanted. As it sits right now, the car has 101K miles on it. Motor is mostly stock besides CAI, TB, Upper Plenum, Plenum spacer, Tune, Mid pipe and CB. She runs a 14.2 1/4 average and has about 244hp at the wheels and about 250lbtq.

I'd like to see some where around 700hp at the wheels AND still be street able in MA.

My questions: Is this possible with the stock block? What would be the best way and/or the cheapest way to get this amount of power? About how much would I be looking at spending (shop built or home built)? Anyone want to help me and/or pay for this???

I'd like to be able to drive this around town/highways with no problem, take it to the track for 1/4mile, be able to take it around a track with left AND right turns as well. As far as turbo or SC goes, I like the sound and look of a SC over a turbo BUT if it is cheaper and better to build a turbo car I could live with it.

I do plan on getting the body fixed up and a new paint job (still black) put on before I build it and the car will never see rain or snow again after that.

Any help, build lists, prices, etc would be very help full. There is a shop I have been looking at, but really want to get a good idea what I could be in for before I start making plans.

Thanks for the help/time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So are you asking if the stock block will hold 700rwhp? If you are then absolutely not. You will be lucky to get it to hold 425rwhp. To get to 700 is going to cost a ton of money and if not done right will not be very streetable. You will need suspension along with the motor build to pull that off. I am almost at $6000 with my set up and I am only at 400rwhp. I was looking at building my motor to hold 550 and it was going to cost me close to $10,000 after it was all said and done and that was with a shop doing most of the work.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well it'll cost a lot more if you have a shop do the work for you. To make it as cheap as possible, do the engine, suspension, installation and everything yourself. You'll save yourself a butt load of money that way. But if you don't have the time and have the extra cash then you can get a shop to do the job for you.

You'll want a forged bottom end, and most likely go with an aluminum block. Suspension will also be key in your build if you want to keep it streetable and take it to the drag strip and an autocross track. So you'll probably want parts that are adjustable.

I'll say you'll spend around $15,000 or so if you do it yourself and you buy everything relatively new. (I like to over estimate prices btw).

I'm starting to do a build myself. So far I got a Teksid block, b heads, cobra intake, fuel rail, injectors and some other stuff. I still need my forged internals and my gasket set and I can start putting it all together. But I'm already about 825 in. You just gotta shop around. I got a steal on my teksid block ($250 shipped)

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
You cant make 700rwhp cheaply with a non forged mod motor. You will have to get the check book and plastic out for this one.

Fuel
longblock
boost
rear end
suspension
transmission

A turbo will be easier to make 700rwhp with but if your emissions are strict it may not be the best route being that you have to run a cat but you could run a cut out and have no worries then.

Turbo - 67-71mm will get you too 700rwhp.
Centri- F1a-f1c Procharger, Vortech t trim or ysi, Novi 2200 (maybe the centri guys can help you more there)
PD - 2.6-2.8 KB blower

Nice thing with that power and a turbo it doesnt have to make that all the time. You can run 12psi to 24psi on the same tune with just a press of a button

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Built motor with either a 2.8 Mammoth Kenne Bell or a twin turbo Hellion...700 +++ 2V power...

·
K1w1
941 Posts
...Motor is mostly stock besides CAI, TB, Upper Plenum, Plenum spacer, Tune, Mid pipe and CB. She runs a 14.2 1/4 average and has about 244hp at the wheels and about 250lbtq.
I'd be interested to know why you think you have 244WHP with just boltons? I have a very similar setup and was dyno'd a couple of weeks ago at 224WHP and 255ftlb of tq.

Anyone want to help me and/or pay for this???
You want someone to pay for it??? Good luck with that! ;) If you find someone PM me, I have a couple of mod's to mine that needs financing :D

There's no way you'll be able to do this cheaply and have it last. Not trying to be an ass or burst a bubble but 700WHP is serious HP in anyone's book and like the old saying goes, you have to pay to play.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
you dont need twin turbos...a single will out run a TT car

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
700 hp is serious power. If you havent drove a car with that kindve power and arent use to it then it will be straight up dangerous man. with the proper setup 700 will easily take you into the 9s

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd be interested to know why you think you have 244WHP with just boltons? I have a very similar setup and was dyno'd a couple of weeks ago at 224WHP and 255ftlb of tq.

Thats what it dyno'd at last time it was on the dyno. Here is a video of it back in '09.

I was off a bit. It's about 290lbtq. Stock, I think it was about 210ish for hp.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know I have to do work to the suspension too, along with the brakes, trans, drive shaft, rear end. I have had the chance to drive a few high powered cars before and I have no plans to go out and just slam the gas pedal down. Well, not right off the start.

As far and making the body handle that kind of power, would it be best to put in a small cage or will putting in a good set of subframe connectors be fine?

I have a feeling this is going to be around the $20k mark if not a bit more.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
There is a single 283 4v with a 8xmm turbo is stl that makes 11xx hp. It's a 275x car that goes 7s.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have sub frame connectors and still tweeked my body I now have a 6 point roll cage and getting a anti roll bar from team z. You'll want to look into both if you really want to launch the car. Also I'd go with a 4v turbo swap if I was you ;). But if you want to stay 2v Go with a turbo instead of a centri. That's coming from a centri guy too..

·
Registered
972 Posts
take that ford **** out.cost to much to go fast... put a sbc pump gas motor with a 250-300 shot of nitrous.. for about 8k you can have a low 9 sec car and you can drive on the street... trust me.. i did it lol
slips for the proof please, also did you sell that junk?

·
Purging my 100 shot
1,152 Posts
slips for the proof please, also did you sell that junk?
yea its gone. guy from detriot bought it... hopefully ill be moving to cali after the 1st of the year.. waiting on my house to sell.. ill build something chevy powered and faster once i get out there.. my pump gas unported iron headed motor ran a 5.84 on a 300 shot :naughty: not bad for a $3000 motor and $900 transmission

1 - 20 of 121 Posts