Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have front coilovers and im not gonna run a rear coilover setup since i heard the gt springs are still good for sqauting... my question is can i cut come of the spring in the rear to have the car mayb 1 lower if not maybe less not looking to lower alot just lookn to bring the but down just soo it sits nice but also so it doesnt rub when i switch over to a 28" tire

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Couldn't answer for the 28" tire, although I think thats pretty close to stock. Cutting springs is always questionable. You could get an inch or so if you want to. Id be careful though. Don't cutt more than 1.5 dead coils off.

Cutt it off in .25-.5 coil increments till you get the drop you want. But like I said, any more than 1.5 coils and your getting into questionable territory. You want to cutt the coils that are completely compressed when the car is sitting. You do not want to cutt any of the active spring.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I cut mine 1 1/2 front and 1 1/4 rear, 1 inch is fine, cut em bro!! Get em equal!

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
I'm not a fan of cutting springs... but if you have the money, get a new set of Lower Control Arms. Steeda makes Weight Jackers, I know Max. Motorsports makes them too. You can raise and lower the rear of the car up to 2 inches. Real easy.

My .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts