Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought a 1992 mustang about a month ago and decides to put some heads cam and intake and was going to replace the main bearings but now that i have the scratch i might be getting the block bored .030 over. i trying honing it a little to get rid some of it but im not sure
about it. i think it was like this when i took the piston out because i dont remember hitting cylinder wall with anything

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rings were intact when I pulled it..I was thinking about running it but I don't want it to burn a lot of oil. Meaning I don't want blue smoke coming from the exhaust.. My plan was to get some Afr 165 or tf 170 with a tf intake and other goodies.. I was worry about my compression also

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
hit it with a hone tool and see what it looks like afterword.

but I would agree, its hard to say if it will just burn oil like mad, and have horrible compression, or be alright.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
junkyard shortblock the bitch
+1

I got $550 total invested in my rebuilt bottom end, and that includes all the gaskets I needed, the block/bottom end itself, etc.

shows just under 55psi oil pressure at a cold idle, and around 45psi oil pressure when up to temperature. no smoking or nothing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i tried to hone it but didn't do much. I might hit up the junk yard tomorrow to see what they got and i learned my lesson about doing a compression test before i take it apart :)

302army u have some nice videos.. from the sound of the giggle it looks like u love ur trickflow heads :)

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
i tried to hone it but didn't do much. I might hit up the junk yard tomorrow to see what they got and i learned my lesson about doing a compression test before i take it apart :)

302army u have some nice videos.. from the sound of the giggle it looks like u love ur trickflow heads :)
haha, thanks man, keep watching my stuff. I make a little money from my videos, so the support is appreciated!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did try and home it but I'm going to try a little more if not I'll get a good junk yard block or just get this one bored and get new pistons... I Would rather do it the right way because I plan in putting a super charger on it down the road

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
well right way to have it bored over .030, probe forged pistons, and all the ARP goodies in the bottom end.

not cheap, but the motor will hold up quite a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts