Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i just got a 91 hatch and the hatch keeps openeg i cant get it to stay closed and when i do theres alot of play and it ends up bouncing open anyway any sugestions

·
Registered
222 Posts
and when you finally do get it to latch properly, use an impact screwdriver to get that bitch nice and tight...

also, is your weather stripping shot? I had the same problem and ordered a replacement from american muscle for a decent price. before my **** was chattering so much it made my teeth hurt, now its perfect...

we can't see whats wrong, so you may have to climb up in there and close it with you inside to see why its not working...

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I had this same problem two weeks ago.. when closed I could pull up on it a good 3/4" and when driving it would bounce around and make allot of noise. It ended up being the bushing that slides over the striker that the latch of the hatch closes on.

You can find the resplacement bushing int he HELP section of any auto parts store or simply wrap some electrical tape around the striker enough til your hatch closes tightly and securely. Easy fix

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I used the tape method

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
tape works but is not as good as replacing the 3.00 bushing from the parts store the only thing is at least on mine i had to cut the washer off and put a new one on but no big deal.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
tape works but is not as good as replacing the 3.00 bushing from the parts store the only thing is at least on mine i had to cut the washer off and put a new one on but no big deal.
I split/cut one side of the bushing in half long wise and slid it on. Its hasnt fallen off yet.

·
Registered
938 Posts
where can you find a new lock?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts