Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a custom gauge panel install and got it working. Works good and triple checked all my wires were going into the right wires. All of a sudden when I went to take it for a test drive, My battery is not taking a charge. It was working before I did the install, same day (Today), it all of a sudden quits charging.

Can you guys please help me on this.

Thanks

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short to ground or a blown diode trio, take it to Auto Zone for a check!
Actually I just called Autozone and they told me about the individual fuse links coming off the starter solinoid. So I am going to Autozone tomorrow and replace all of them. First imma see which one it is.

What the heck is Diode "Trio"?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I kept everything actually. I didn't cut the plug away from the wires. I just piggy-back my setup to the right wires. Now are you referring to the "Dimmer"? I'm not to sure what you mean my the dash battery light.

On the flipside, I just got back from autozone with 3 fuse link wires and installed them using the correct gauges under the exception of the 18g stock fuse link, I used a 14g install because A.Z didn't have any 18's. I have to go back in the morning to get the 4th 16g wire as I missed the fourth one. LOL my dumbass cuts the black/orange wire and TOTALLY lost ALL lights and all. it's fized though. I just thought it was funny doing wiring at 10:00 at night. Well I got those fuse links as autozone said it could have been those as my alternator is internally regulated and one of those fuse links runs the alt power to the battery or whatever so I got those. Hopefully that will work.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... Ahh ok you mean the battery warning light gotcha. Well put it like this. The wires are piggy backed not the plug totally cut from all wires. Same for the dimmer, I just removed that thing as it was in the way from the beginning (Why in the hell would I want to make my lights less viewable. I did buy a light so I can drill a 1/2 inch hole and connect it to the Check Engine light wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts