Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car out got on it a few times, nothing out of the ordinary. Got in it later and it wouldn't go into reverse and drive is slipping.I'm getting p0720 and p0722 codes and dte odo error only in reverse. I can put it in 1st with the shifter and it pulls fine. Put it on jack stands and put it in drive and the odo works and the speedo works. Put it in rev and I get dte odo error and nothing, won't even move the wheels in reverse. When I rev it in reverse it is in limp mode. Not sure how it could do this 3 hours after working fine. Any ideas?

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Its probably the output shaft speed sensor. Do you by chance have a Speed Cal on your car from the 4:10s?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its probably the output shaft speed sensor. Do you by chance have a Speed Cal on your car from the 4:10s?
Yes on the speed cal.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Yes on the speed cal.
Your car gets its speedometer reading from the output shaft speed sensor. Its also where your SpeedCal adjusts the corrected speed from (I think). Try disconnecting the speedcal and clearing the codes with your handheld and see if it changes anything. If it doesn't, leave it disconnected and unhook the battery for half an hour, reconnect the battery and try it again. I think your speed cal is/did shorting out your speed sensor, causing a false code, causing your car to limp mode in reverse. This is just a guess....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry. Misunderstood speed cal. The calibration is done in the sct.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Sorry. Misunderstood speed cal. The calibration is done in the sct.
Well then, I think your sensor is going/has gone bad. You said the speedo still works?

Also, have you tried returning the tune to stock and then reloading the tune?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Speedo only works in forward gear. Gives dashes and odo error in reverse.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the battery cable off for 30 minutes and while I was waiting I reset the connection on the box in the pass footwell looking for corrosion. Put the battery cable back on and low and behold it fixed it. Weird... Only thing I forgot to mention was, when I was driving it I got on it in reverse and it stalled when I let off. Maybe the Computer freaked out when it shut off. anyway it works now. Thx

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
^ Glad its running, but keep in mind that its probably not fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts