Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I put a new fuel regulator and 75mm throttle body on the 93 and I can't find the vent tube or breather tube that goes in between the throttle body and intake. Its one the spacer between the two on the back side. Any ideas?

·
Registered
155 Posts
That hose connects from the TB spacer to the coolant line on top of the intake & just runs coolant thru the spacer. But it looks like the other side of the TB spacer is blocked off. I would check to see if the coolant line where the hoses connect on the intake are blocked off as well. If they are blocked off then you dont need to do anything but if they are not blocked off then you can just get some fuel line & clamps to replace them. Cheap fix!!!
Some people dont like to bypass the spacer like that but I always ran a spacer between the upper & lower intake & blocked off the coolant lines to the TB spacer & never had any problems with my upper intake or TB getting hot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if they werent blocked off i would see coolant right? i dont ever remember taking the tube, but it runs like S if i dont cover it with my finger

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
so if they werent blocked off i would see coolant right? i dont ever remember taking the tube, but it runs like S if i dont cover it with my finger
You can leave the ports on the egr spacer open... if the ports on the manifold (back of motor on lower intake) and the fed port from the heater tube (metal tube that connects from lower intake to heater core) aren't blocked off then you'll see tons of coolant.

So since you don't see coolant who ever did this blocked off the feed and return so your good. As far as putting your finger over it helping it's idle that shouldn't be the case. it's not a vaccum source, sure you've circled the write line in those pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts