Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story... I was driving my GT, and my buddy, who has an Lotus Elise, thinks he's hot ****. We were driving back from Boise a few months ago, and he wouldn't let me get in the left lane on the interstate. He kept thinking I was trying to **** with him. So, finally, I dropped into 3rd at about 65 and blew by him with no problem. My friend in the car was cracking up, because I wasn't trying to race him, but he was trying to race me. I just wanted the frickin' left lane! It reminds me of those credit card commercials where it has the prices of everything...

2001 Mustang GT- $11,000
Modifications done- $2,000
Beating a car that costs four times that amount- PRICELESS

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
and honestly, from a 65 roll, your not going to pull on that car, it weighs close to nothing, has a hgiher hp/weight ratio than you, rev's higher, and is probably better geared.

if anything with your mods you MAY be able to keep up to him form a roll, but he'd probably still pull you some.

from a stop though, you may take him.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
even though he loves to kill the hopes and dreams of all it's still a pretty good estimate. Iv seen those things running up to 120 no problem. I know that i only have a v6 so i dont know how a GT really performs, but i thought all we really had was great lower end power because of our torque. if im wrong let me know so i know not to say this again.

Isn't that why w/o things like n2o or a turbo we're useless unless from a dig or low roll.
well power is power, but when you dont have the best areodynamics to begin with, dont have the best gearing, then on top of that do something like a set of 4.10 gears its going to hurt your top end, going to get it off the line better, but top end will suffer.

sometimes the cheaper go fast mods like gears arent always the best. adding more power, and reducing the weight is the best way to go.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
and kc, that is why the lotus elise and exige and exige s are my favorite cars :)

i hope to have one someday:cool::cool::cool:

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KC, you're probably right in some cases, but I talked to the guy afterwards and imho, I don't think he was anywhere near experienced enough to drive that car. I made it sound a little exaggerated, and that was my bad. He kept up, but I still passed him enough to take that damn left lane. It feels good to put punk-ass rich bitch kids in their place.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you look at their times they have a fairly low 1/4 time because of the weight and the super sticky tires they run, but the trap speed isn't there

ex. motor trend got 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds on the way to a 13.5-second 102.9-mph quarter mile.

Most of them will be getting mid low 13's and a 101-103 trap with a good driver

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
one time i was driving and i needed to get in the left lane so i could get into the left turnlane, but this riced out SN95 was going too slow to let me in, so i punched it to get in front of him to get in that lane and of course he punched it too.. i missed my turn because of that asshole

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah if that guy could drive he would have murdered you that little yota motor is nasty in the lotus

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
nope it is a 2zz toyota engine, same as mine just with a more extreme cam angle for the 30 extra hp

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
If you look at their times they have a fairly low 1/4 time because of the weight and the super sticky tires they run, but the trap speed isn't there

ex. motor trend got 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds on the way to a 13.5-second 102.9-mph quarter mile.

Most of them will be getting mid low 13's and a 101-103 trap with a good driver
If you're drag racing an elise, you just dont' get it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts