Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electronic exhaust cutouts. seems like a much more efficient way of giving these 5.0's a great tone.

The one thing that bothers me with my current BMW is the drone from my muffler deletes. However people with stock mufflers and no cat straight pipes (motor back) dont drone at all just because the stock muffler kills the sound.

Now these are really cheap and at a click of a button located inside the cockpit you get that V8 growl. Then when your on your way home from work with a headache ,one click and its as quiet as stock.

Keep the stock mufflers...Add a catless x pipe and these.

Raceland USA - Cut-out (Blow by)

Any input ? suggestions?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have thought about these as well. The function would fit my needs but I am afraid it will sound like crap. I even thought about doing the side exit exhaust with these but couldn't justify a 1800 dollar exhaust setup. I guess I would have to hear one to make a decision. I would suggest if you did this get a high quality one with stops. DMH makes a pretty good one. I know there are a couple of others but I have never heard of that one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i had the raceland on my ram. worked great and had no probs. had it on the truck for 2yrs

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd have to hear it.. Every cutout I've heard has sounded.. to put it bluntly.. like crap. Though I haven't heard one on the 5.0 so who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts