Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when I put the pedal to the floor lets say if im rolling in second gear and I just slam the pedal to the floor I hear a big squeak or snap sound coming from the bottom of the car right when the car jolts, or atleast thats where I think its coming from. It only happens when I am rolling and I hit the gas hard. It is almost like something is loose and when I hit the gas it snaps or squeaks or click or something like that. I think it is getting louder, I remember hearing it before but never this loud. Also is it normal to feel the rear end loose? Its like when im turning into my parking space I hit a dip thats there and when my car rocks side to side it feels real lose and it makes a snap sound more like a loud click.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Check to make sure there isn't too much play in the yoke? I dunno.

Tighten up all the suspension bolts if you've messed with them at all, especially in the rear end. Assuming your mods are correct there really isn't a reason your rear end should be doing this unless you have a bolt real loose from the shock install. Highly doubt it.

When I had my gears installed they were installed horribly but it didn't hurt anything, it was just loud. However, the yoke had a ridiculous amount of play in it. I was told if I would have raced the car there was a bearing so abnormally worn down I'd be lucky if I didn't blow the rear end.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Check the bushings on your control arms. They may be shot. Start there, it sounds like its in the suspension.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks guys, I will have it checked out as soon as I can. I will post up whatever it is I find just incase anyone else has this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts