Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery level started to become lower and lower, and eventually wouldnt start...I bought a new batter because when i got a jump it seemed to be fine for a bit, I figured the batter was just old and had enough... Everything was fine until the car died at idle, about 50 miles form home...I walked to the nearest part store, and bought an alternator figuring it wasn't charging the batter as needed...I fired her up with a jump, and battery level was high as usual, but by the time i got home, it was low again...I can make it about 5 mins after firing, jump sometimes needed, but it slowly dies...I cleaned all the grounds I could find, and clecked connections...any solutions you can think of would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Check your alternator wiring and charge wire. Sound like a loose connection mine burned up but I think you would have spotted that if you changed your alt. Also, if you have installed anything that in wired 12v constant that could be running the battery down. The possibility for buying a shotty alt is always there too.

Depending on your budget, now would be a good time to do a 3g alternator swap

The Corral Tech

·
Registered
6 Posts
take a look at your solenoid wires, I had to replace mine one time and the aftermarket one came with two small center connections and after putting all my wires back on the two big terminals some would touch the lower small connection with nothing on it and kept draining my battery all the time until I figured it out and covered it with electrical tape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts