Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car has 302 aod drivetrain with a ram air, electric fan, a/c delete, and no exhaust from the cats back. i need suggestions on good cheap hp and performance

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
long tube headers and 3.73 gears if it a daily driver. most people will say 4.10 for aod but I dont know about downshifting on the highway like I do 3.73 works fine

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
strip everything but the driver seat

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cant strip it have wife and kids and kids love ridin in it

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Gears, N2O, and ET street radials. The best $1000 you can spend on a virgin mustang.

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
well thats gonna run more then a grand if you cant install your self...id say at least get a nice exhaust setup so she can be heard

·
Registered
234 Posts
Go to the junk yard and find a 5.0 Explorer, 97 and up I think, and get the heads. GT40Ps are good heads and should give you a few ponies and noticeable performance gains. If your car is injected you could probably do well with the Explorer's intake as well. I got my set of heads for less than $70 complete with rods and everything. I would also say gears.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i can do work myself. does anyone know how to tell if gt40 heads are realy gt40 heads?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
its printed on them somewhere

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i can do work myself. does anyone know how to tell if gt40 heads are realy gt40 heads?

they will have 3 vertical casting lines on the front of the head, like this
it's a little blurry but look towards the bottom left of the pic

·
Registered
146 Posts
gt-40 has 3 lines, gt-40p has 4 lines. Either head is a good bit better than stock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks!!! i got a set of gt40 heads for free from the local junk yard i had to pull them but they are in good condition

·
Registered
234 Posts
That makes it even better! Are they straight GT40 heads or are they GT40P? If they are Ps you should see if you can nab the intake that went with them too.

·
Registered
382 Posts
now go score an Explorer itnake from a 96 if you need to stay emissions compliant - or - port your stock lower intake to make your stock HO intake flow ~190cfm to match your GT40 heads and it will have great torque! Instructions on porting the lower are on my website in the tech section.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts