Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm having a lean code and low power as well as the car running more hot than it should. I have new valve cover gaskets to replace the old ones just in case it's leaking but I don't know if the liquid is oil or not that seems to be coming from the rear side of the passenger valve cover gasket or from the fuel rail. It ends up burning and turning black so I am assuming it's oil. Help, I like to do it myself and not take things to the mechanic

·
Resident Headbanger
2,441 Posts
Do you have any other codes? Is the engine running lean on one cylinder bank or both? Pull the plugs and inspect as this will give a clue.
The engine running hot is probably because it's lean.
Did you recently have the clutch replaced or any tranny work done? If so, check the front O2 sensor wiring harnesses and make sure they aren't pinched or frayed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any other codes? Is the engine running lean on one cylinder bank or both? Pull the plugs and inspect as this will give a clue.
The engine running hot is probably because it's lean.
Did you recently have the clutch replaced or any tranny work done? If so, check the front O2 sensor wiring harnesses and make sure they aren't pinched or frayed.
It has a lean bank code, I only have 1 O2 sensor instead of two right now bc I had some new cats welded and I don't know what happened. I will replace the valve cover gaskets first to see if it helps. I also have fairly new spark plugs I'm not sure if it would be them but I will check

1 - 3 of 3 Posts