Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I have a 92 LK with a TFS Stage 1 Cam, Holly Systemax Intake, FAC 170 Heads, 24 LB injectors and a Prom M MAF.

When checking my vacuum at the brake boost hose I have 13-14 in of vacuum at 1100 RPM's. When cold starting the car it's more like 8-10 in. of vacuum and increases after it's warmed up for several minutes but doesn't go higher the 13-14 and it takes 1100-1200 RPM's to get that.

I called trick flow and they said with their stage 1 cam I should be getting 19 in of vacuum at 900 RPM's

If this is a vacuum leak how big of a leak does it take to lose 7-8 in of vacuum or is this a rather small leak.

On a side note that may be related the car began trying to stall during the first minute of the first start of the day. RPM's will go from 1K-4K in a rythmic fashion and then become stable after about a minute. Once the car is warmed up all subsequent starts through out the day (even after 3-4 hours of sitting) don't have this issue

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you check for leaks? can of carb cleaner
I have and didn't find anything. I mainly checked the upper intake and vacuum lines. That's why I'm curious based on this loss of vacuum how big of a leak I'm looking for. Also, if it's not a leak what would the next obvious problem be?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think the car's rpm's surging and wanting to die till it's been running for a minute is related?

Also, it's not normal for vacuum to increase from 10-12 to 13-14 as it warms is normal; is it? I would think vacuum would pretty much remain the same.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
ehh metal expands so could be closing a small leak

·