Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I checked my control arms and rear end. Realized my rear end is moving around a little and noticed my tire is rubbing on the pipe. I dont think its my exhaust due to its put in properly. Well I checked the bushings and the right lrc is bent slightly and the bushings are bad sooo....

Im looking at getting lower rear control arms as well as upper since I might as well get them if im going to be back there.

Whats a good all around decent lower and upper rear control arms? nothing to hi priced. But are a fairly all around. I dont drag race or road race really. Maybe now and then sometimes.

Ive been looking at these but Idk what the brand names are to the ones at blue oval industries.
CHASSIS & DRIVETRAIN > Control Arms at Blue Oval Industries for your Ford Mustang @ Blue Oval Industries

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Hawaiianbro... if you do ANYTHING other than the most moddest driving, I would recommend another type of LCA's/UCA's :sorry

The ones you have linked may be cheap, but will create additional bind in the rear suspension your car could do without. They will be less expensive than the ones found in post #15 of ***THIS*** thread, but not near the upside of either.

The UCA's are actually worse than the LCA's and would recommend a set of UPR Pro Series...

... ones or leave the stock ones!

Jazzer :)

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
so upr is an option to think about? I thought about doin upr adjustable uppers and lowers with either spherical bearing all around or sperical/poly on each...I heard mixed reviews about upr though...

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
maybe Ill take a chance on the UPR's...I figure a little vibration is a whole lot better than ripping off the UCA mounts lol

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I see, I looked at UPR's stuff and i see the prices are well worth it. I hear good things about them, I have Lakewood rear uppers and lowers.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Thanks sir. I am a suspension newb. :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
so............in the end................you WOULD recommend the upr's to him or NOT???

just curious :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
thats GOOD cuz those upr's are only like $220 maybe. not bad at all for upper and lowers. im thinking about getting those.....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would have to agree stay away from the poly bushings they just dont work.... UPR makes a good product and a lot of the mixed reviews are from years ago we they were just getting started or its someting someone read on the net

I run the compelete UPR front and rear susp. and I have never had a problems wit the stuff... I was the same when I D/D the car as it is now running mid 10s cutting low to 1.4 60' and with the changes I have made im looking to dip in to the 1.3s this weekend

so yes go with the the UPR they are a good price for a good product

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ah ok thanks jazz and forest.
I looked at this kit but....i noticed from the pic it doesnt have the sway bar connection.
I figured ill have to buy them seperate then. Cause the upper control arms you recommend dont come in the package that has the lca w/ sway bar mount.
This link is the kit that has the lca w/ sway bar mount but different Uca.
1999-2004 Ford Mustang Pro Street Adjustable Upper & Lower Control Arm Package

This one has the recommended Uca but the Lca have no sway bar mount.
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-pro-series-uppers-lower-package-99.html

I guess what im trying to get out of my mustang is better handling around turns since I do that more than drag, though I kinda dont like just going straight.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.