Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I took my mustang in to Ford to have them check out a noise I was hearing in the front end. Long and short of their diagnosis is that I need new lower control arms in the front.

What I am wondering is, if instead of just replacing the old ones with the exact same thing, should I bump up to the FRPP LCA's in the front?

Ford Racing Mustang Front Lower Control Arms (05-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

and since I am doing that, should I upgrade the rear LCA's too with the FRPP ones too?

For people that have these, what are your thoughts on them?

Also to mull over with this, is that tomorrow I am getting 4.10's installed.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Its the bushings in the front that went bad, thats causing the squeaking. The ones you linked to would be better than what you have now and fix your problems.

As for the rear LCA's i wouldnt get those. THey are more of a minimalists type upgrade considering they are still rubber, but just a harder kind then stock. WHy not get a nice set of BMR, Steeda, or CHE ones?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I just returned a set of the GT500 front lowers. Be sure that the dealership isn't trying to **** you. I thought mine were bad but we have floating ball joints in the front. When they are out of alignment they give symptoms of shot ball joints.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
BMR FTW.

2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | A-Arms | AA010 - A-arms, Lower, DOM, Non-adjustable, Polyurethane/Delrin Bushings, 18mm Standard Height Ball Joint | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

Now...if you search, you will find examples of these failing, but that was BEFORE they installed the gusset out to the end and upgraded the tubing thickness. The above pic is even old. The gusset (has three holes in it) goes all the way out now.

I have spoken with Kelly @ BMR at length on this...these are definitely going on my car...probably this fall with full K-member setup.

If you are lowered, they even make a set that corrects your roll-center by using taller ball joints.

2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | A-Arms | AA023 - A-arms, Lower, Non-adj, Poly/Delrin, 18mm Tall Ball Joint (2005-2009) | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
hahaha i was going to recomend that, but i didnt know how deep the OP's pockets were lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts