Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my car all ready to go, I have already done half of one side of the upr kit but im having issues with this main area. I have removed the nuts from the two mounts and just the bolts are left, they will just spin, not back out or cant be hammered out? is their a trick I am missing

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
make sure they control arms arent binding, but likely its just the bolts are rusted and stuck in place. Take a hammer and punch and hit the old bolts out and replace them with new bolts.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I have been doing and they just spin. Don't bang out though

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not my pic but see the bolt that its swiveling on, it with just spin with a rachet on it but go nowhere even when I wail it with a hammer

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im gonna try that again tomorrow, then maybe add heat

·
_
3,787 Posts
I have been looking at those same ones for months. But I am debating between those and the similiar ones with the solid (non urethane) opposite end.

1999-2004 Ford Mustang Pro Series Lower Control Arms with Sway Bar Mount - UPR Products

My car is a daily driver so the debate is focused on noise and feel of the ride quality. And at the same time, I really don't want to deal with urethane bushings :p.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
not my pic but see the bolt that its swiveling on, it with just spin with a rachet on it but go nowhere even when I wail it with a hammer
Get a bigger hammer. The rubber bushing could be fighting the hammering.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the same problem with mine i could not get the bolts out. the Bolts rust fast to the sleave inside the bushings, Simple and easiest solution i came up with is a sawzall cut the bolts and buy new ones. just remember to grease the new bolts inside the sleave so it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I tried a sawzawll at first and got through 1/2 of a bolt in an hour and 3 blades. The only thing that worked for me was an air hammer/chisel. Blow torche would work but dangerous and not recommended. Especially when your car already caught fire once.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im going to home depot to get new bolts tonight, im going to try pbr and some fire and to bang the **** out of them

·
Registered
263 Posts
Had to use an air hammer on mine, seized in there solid. Hit it with a wire wheel and a crap ton of anti-seize for the next time I have to take it out.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if one is cheap enough at home depot i may buy one

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
im going to home depot to get new bolts tonight, im going to try pbr and some fire and to bang the **** out of them
Make sure the bolts from Home Depot are Grade 8 otherwise you could break them.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
That ant ****, try getting the factory rubber bushing's out of the rear end where the UCA bolts on!

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
I used the removal/ installation tool from Maximum Motorsports to get them out, then lit them on fire to get the bushing out of the sleeve...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts