Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
well i just looked at the bolts he used and they are a tad bit bigger meaning they wont fit through the poly bushing without pounding it through and ruining it. I guess i need 4 new bolts and nuts. Does anyone know what size or what type of bolts i need? when it comes to hardware im clueless lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
okay i found the bolt size to be 14x1.75x110. its grade 8 or 10.9 but i cant find it in any hardware store. And online you can only buy it from like upr or mm in kits with upper/lower control arm bolts for like 40 bucks plus shipping which is rediculous for bolts. Where can i get those 4 bolts for a decent price anyone?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Does anyone know how to do the bearing install on these j&m lowers? There's nothing
In the directions about it

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Bushing lol sorry typed it fast

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well the bushings seem to have 2 ends and a spherical piece and the silver piece that goes through it, I assumed the spherical piece goes in the middle but it seems tough to get it in, maybe when I grease it it will just slide in?

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
youll need to grease the bushings other wise they will break themselves down from the movement from normal driving. the bushings will be a tight fit :yes

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
do i need to use a press to put them in or will i be able to do it by hand when there is grease because it will be more slippery?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I put the lower control arms today and what a pain it was to get the rear bolt lined up. I took it for a test run and the rear end feels tighter but when I dumped the clutch in first gear there was still a **** ton of wheel hop so I feel disappointed I spent all day on it

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
They arent bad they are Pirelli p6 with a good amount a thread left, I thought I read that tires don't effect wheel hop as much as actual traction

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
One thing I noticed with installing was that no matter how much I tried to get all of the trapped air out from 3 sides of the control arms I couldn't get all the air out but I got most out. This made it a little harder to line them up to mount in the car obviously but I got them I'm and torqued them down and when I torqued them obviously they closed up and they are tight now but you dont think that makes a difference right? Everything is nice and tight since its in and the bushings are tight together because they are torqued tight

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
What trapped air are you speaking of? Cheap tires will produce wheel hop

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using AutoGuide App

Reactions: FORDY9ER

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
On the j&m bushings there is some when making the bushings flush it says in the directions, I don't think it makes a difference ones I crank the bolts toght

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
When you say air you mean the space between the bushing and where you bolt it to?

I must be making no torque because I get no wheelhop and the only time I lose traction is 3,500+rpm in 3rd gear on the highway.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Before the arm is on the car there is air trapped in the bushing that you use a screw driver to pry on it to get it out

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Can over tightening the bolts make a difference ? I didn't have a torque wrench so I just used a regular wrench and torqued the bolts pretty tight so they don't come loose, I did this with it jacked up in the air if that makes a difference

21 - 40 of 48 Posts