Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is going to sound dumb but i cant even take off my back wheels if anyone installed let me know how you got around this because you have to disconnect the brake wire

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
you dont have to take the wheel off, but it certainly makes it harder to disconnect the brake wire..... no spare tire/jack/lug wrench? Thanks ford....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you dont have to take the wheel off, but it certainly makes it harder to disconnect the brake wire..... no spare tire/jack/lug wrench? Thanks ford....
yahh so idk what to do i tried a lug wrench its so hard it wont budge i have a completely stock mustang and i dont think there wheels lock on it. i dont want to pay a shop to put it on its a simple thing

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Mine was rather simply I just lifted the car on both sides and got under there. It was not that hard to get to, what exactly are you having trouble with, just the ebrake cable?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was rather simply I just lifted the car on both sides and got under there. It was not that hard to get to, what exactly are you having trouble with, just the ebrake cable?
no the unscrew the bolts they wont move

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
If its the bolts holding the axle into place, they take a whole lot of unscrewing and do not look like their moving until they are almost out

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm well they wont even move a little bit its weird ill proabley just go to lowes and find something to get it off easier are you doing it by hand or drill

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I did mine by hand

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
sc, did you re-use the stock hardware? I heard it isnt recommended, but wondered if it actually causes problems

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yea I used the stock hardware and I have had zero problems. And I honestly do not have any idea why yours is not budging schram

·
Registered
491 Posts
Schram, are you breaking the torque of your wheel lugnuts on the ground before you jack your car up? Also, how much can you curl, if you don't mind me asking... I'd highly recommend you listen to the guys posting here and try to jack your car up and do the swap without removing your wheels. If it's possible, you might as well try it.

And Stewarts, are you referring to the issue with the stock front strut mount? I haven't heard or read any complaints about the stock hardware.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The wheels need to be on regardless because you cannot torque the bolts while the car is lifted

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Schram, are you breaking the torque of your wheel lugnuts on the ground before you jack your car up? Also, how much can you curl, if you don't mind me asking... I'd highly recommend you listen to the guys posting here and try to jack your car up and do the swap without removing your wheels. If it's possible, you might as well try it.

And Stewarts, are you referring to the issue with the stock front strut mount? I haven't heard or read any complaints about the stock hardware.
No, It is recommended that you dont reuse factory hardware when changing out the LCA's. I have read that in several places, and is usually mentioned on most installation sites.

I would be willing to bet if you put all of your muscle and weight into it, your lug nuts will come off :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
SC, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Unless I keep rereading this thread incorrectly, he's been saying he's trying to get his wheels off and can't. And half the time that ever happens, it's because people jack their car up for the first time and don't know to loosen the nuts beforehand.

Stewarts, my bad, he's still having problems getting his wheels off, I wasn't anywhere near assembly steps mentally. Everywhere I've went to buy suspension parts, though, they included hardware with the part, so it'd be ... well, hilarious if someone reused the stock bits.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Ig I have misunderstood what his problem was. Is he still trying to get his lugs off or has he started the install? And stew your right mine did not come with any hardware but I never knew it could possible cause problems, luckily mine are still fine.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
yea, something about them being "torque nuts"? IDK, i have just read that in a few places....

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ahh, I was rather incorrect. Many of the UCAs and CABs I've looked at came with new hardware. LCAs, on topic, not so much.

Contributing more positively: Locknuts!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Ok its not the issue of how much i can lift trust me i can rep 60 pound dumbbells and curl them easily i tried having it on the ground and getting it off i probably need to get a new tool or something to get if off my buddy is coming over tomorrow with his stuff so we will see how this goes

1 - 20 of 24 Posts