Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that the emergency brake cable going thru the control arms? I want to get some new ones to stop wheel hop.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
they come apart real easy! Dont fret!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yup those are the control arms.

And that photo is the good side. I just replaced mine with J&M tubulars. When Daniel at NextGen took off the stock arm I got to hold it in my hand and examine it. I could mildly compress the bushings with my hand, and it weighed a freakin ton. If you take out the reinforcement plates, it looks more like some kind of stamped belt cover of some sort. It really is a POS. As is the upper!

·
Registered
764 Posts
So the lowers will elminate the wheel hop, excellent any recomend brands i have used UPR before and really liked them any input on them for the s197? Jared
Not completely according to the speedshop. I talked for a couple hours with the head mechanic. He has a NA sn95 that runs high 10's. He recommends upper and lower control arms, and a better panhard brace (it's the same stamp POS as the upper and lower control arms). From my own experience, simply getting better rubber will reduce a lot of wheel hop. Right now I'm on 275 racemaster drag radials. The day those things went on wheel hop was reduced. With the new LCA's it's even more reduced, nearly gone. I'll probably have to go back to some more practical street tires before the UCA goes on so I'll be able to see how much reduction came from just the LCA's.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
My BMR lowers got rid of my hop completly...I still run the stock upper.

·
Registered
138 Posts
BlueHorse, sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, but as long as you all

are talking about LCA's how difficult are they to replace? Do you need spring compressors or anything else special to replace them? I've got no wheel hop, just have to be easy on the gas when taking off or I spin the rear tires.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Nope 4 bolts...2 e brakes to unhook and a torque wrench is all you neeed to worry about. I recomend jacking the car up putting stands under the axle and removing the tires ...this makes it way easier...but do one at a time so the axle dosent shift on ya .

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cool, then I've got everything I need except the LCA's. Thanks 07 pro.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
n oworries bro .Good luck with instsall. 130 foot pounds is your torque spec for the bolts i believe.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Nope 4 bolts...2 e brakes to unhook and a torque wrench is all you neeed to worry about. I recomend jacking the car up putting stands under the axle and removing the tires ...this makes it way easier...but do one at a time so the axle dosent shift on ya .
Agreed

·
Registered
764 Posts
how would the race masters look compared to a stock size tire on the front?
The look slightly taller than stock (they're 28" vs 27" for the 235/55's). But you don't want racemasters unless you're just going to burn through a pair to enjoy the hook. They're only good for about 3,000 miles. But they're worth it as a treat if you've got an extra $450 for the tires and mounting.

P.S. The front's are 255/50's, but they're the same diameter as the stock 235's.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts