Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into taking off the lower intake manny, im looking into cleaning it and painting it..my question is is there anything i need to know taking it off...i was just going to tape up the injectors so i dont paint them, and my major question is do i have to take out the distributor? i heard thats a pain? i dont want to screw it up

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have pulled lower intakes without pulling the distributor, but it is a real pain. If your going that far, you might as well remove the injectors. It would be easier than taping.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
not that hard, just takes a certain twist and angle and it slides out

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k ill give it a shot guys. i like to know what im getting into ...before i get into it.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
just pull it off the motor pull the injectors out

make sure before you pull the distrubitor you pull the cap off and turn the crank over till the dizzy (rotor) points stright back then you can have it where it needs to be when you put it back in.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
You don't have pull the dizzy out just remove the cap and base, the lower will have a good amount of room to be yanked them and no having to reset timing

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
just have to pick the back up and angle it out to the passenger side, its easy, you can leave the thermostat housing on and everything, it even worked with the eddy performer i had which is much bulkier than the stocker

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do the injectors just pull out..i tried to pull them..but i didnt want to break them thats y i was going to leave them

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
do the injectors just pull out..i tried to pull them..but i didnt want to break them thats y i was going to leave them
theres 2 bolts on each side holding the fuel rails to the lower mani, after you take those out yes it just pulls out

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
once the rail is removed yes they pull out but the pintle caps are proly brittle and may break but they could proly used replacing anyway.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
the little caps on the tip of the injector, helps spread out the fuel spray i thinks, when me and sean swapped my intake out half of them broke and it made my car idle funny, but ran fine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts