Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Eibach pro kit and Steeda upper strut mounts. Do I need the X5 ball joints, bump steer kit, camber bolts, and rear lower control arm relocation brackets?:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Do you need them? No. The camber bolts would be a good idea though.

An adjustable panhard bar is needed more so than anything on that list.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to add that I did get the adj. panhard bar. Just trying to do it right the first time. So the pinion angle will be ok along with the front end geometry?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It will be just fine unless you're trying to squeeze every little drop out of your suspension for road racing or something.. If you're running the OEM two piece driveshaft it's not as crucial for the adj. UCA. If you have an aluminum driveshaft than I'd recommend getting the adj. UCA to adjust the pinon angle. The OEM two piece driveshaft has more than enough articulation to account for the mild drop. A set of LCAs wouldn't be a bad idea though.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Do you need them? No. The camber bolts would be a good idea though.

An adjustable panhard bar is needed more so than anything on that list.
If you got the Steeda Upper mounts then you DO NOT NEED camber bolts. The Steeda upper mounts can modify camber.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just wasn't sure if the mounts alone would have enough adjustment. So I dont need the ball joints, camber bolts, bump steer kit, or relocate rear lower control arms. Guess I will keep the adj. panhard bar comming.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just lowered my car and the alignment place said that i was maxed out with camber and caster on both ends, and that you will need the bolts to finish the job (luckily I had the bolts already)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I just lowered my car and the alignment place said that i was maxed out with camber and caster on both ends, and that you will need the bolts to finish the job (luckily I had the bolts already)
If you have the Steeda mounts then i would of gone somewhere else at the second they told me that. The Steeda mounts adjust camber and that only. Camber bolts ONLY adjust camber. The only plates that adjust camber/caster are the MM ones. I bet your shop couldnt figure out how to adjust them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts