Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, i just bought an 02 GT last weekend and i'm looking to lower the car soon. I'm looking at the H&R Super Sport or the Eibach Pro Kit. Leaning more towards the H&R's cause the front will be lowered more than the rear, which is the look i'm going for.

Would i need to buy new shocks when i order the springs? What about caster camber plates, will i need any. Car is running on stock bullitt rims. I have no idea how to install them myself so i'm gonna have to have someone do it for me, how much should i be paying when i get quotes from different shops? If anyone knows a good shop to do the installation in the Los Angeles area please let me know.

Since i just got the car i'm still stoked i finally have one so here's a pic of her in my driveway. It's my first Mustang.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
if you want the h & r's your deff going to need the caster camber plates...with the eibach pro kit youll be able to get away with out them..and as far as shocks..its always a good idea to replace them when all that stuff is going to be out anyways.
and what part of LA are you in?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any recommendations on what kind of shocks to get with the H&R's? I'm in San Fernando Valley, specifically Burbank/Glendale area.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Bilsteins if you've got the coin for 'em. I suggest against adjustables unless you can get Koni's or better, and even then I still say you're better off with a non-adjustable for the same money.

I'd suggest CC plates for EVERY Mustang, lowered or not. Putting a performance alignment on these cars make a night&day difference.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
umm if you want performance shocks ide either go with tokico d-specs(they are adjustible) if you dont care about adjustibility than bilstein..if thos are to expensive than just go with tokico hp's..
and for shops look into this one. this is where i go if i have a problem that i cant fix..
Mikes Frame and Alignment

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^+1 id get the CC plates if your going with the H&R's if your going with the pro's it not necessary i personally think the Pro's are a waste of money they hardly lower the stance from stock. By the way welcome to MM nice ride looks really clean does it have any mods to it?

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
H&R's FTW. I dont have CC plates though.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
hey supra thank for the pics you sent me of your ride's stance, im still waiting to get some more cash to get the H&R's

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^+1 id get the CC plates if your going with the H&R's if your going with the pro's it not necessary i personally think the Pro's are a waste of money they hardly lower the stance from stock. By the way welcome to MM nice ride looks really clean does it have any mods to it?
Thanks, no it has no mods whatsoever. Only thing i've done to it is 35% tint all around. Other than that it's completely stock.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
let the modding commense!:3gears

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd definitely go with the H&R SS, they're they best looking springs for our cars imo, I bought Vogtland 1.6's cause they were quite a bit cheaper but now I wish I would have gone with the H&R's. As for shocks/struts I love my Tokico HP's (half the $$ of Bilstien's, but not quite as good) and I fully agree with Reverend Dex about CC plates, we all need 'em!(+reps). I'd also look into a bumpsteer kit and new balljoints, it's easier to do it all at once while everything is taken apart.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Since i already have a thread going do i need any special tools for the mach 1 grill delete kit. I heard the 4 screws under the grill thats connected to the bumper is the hardest part of this install. What's the best way to get those out and exactly what tool would i need. I'm a noob when it comes to working on cars, i have never worked on one in my life so this is the first car i'm gonna do small jobs on. My toolbox consists of a few screwdrivers and a set of wrenches, yes it's sad. Would these tools suffice for the grill delete install or will i need something else. Thanks guys

·
Registered
194 Posts
As far as springs I used the FRPP "C" Springs and love them..... They dropped the car alot...

She's ugly in the pic but I'm painting her this weekend....

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Please go to The Official Suspension guide and read through the section on CC plates.

In general, you might need them for those spring because they drop so much. Shocks are recommended in the next year or so. I'd go with a set of tokico blues if your cheap, and a set of Bilstein HD's if you get some money. You may also run into an issue with bump-steer at that height so be warry.

With the SS springs from H&R, you will get a good 2" drop on the front, but your stock shocks will be a little under-dampered for them, and depending on your car you may have alignment and bump steer issues. Both are fixable, you should just be aware that it is possible.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
My suspension setup:
-H&R Super Sport Springs
-Tokico HP Series Shocks and Struts
-Maximum Motorsports CC plates

18" wheels complete the look.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Wrong.

Pro kit/Tokico HP's/MM CC plates.

Listen to RevDex, this guy knows his stuff. I completely agree with his statements.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
My car is 1.75" lower than stock at the side skirt. That's noticeably more than stock by far.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My car is 1.75" lower than stock at the side skirt. That's noticeably more than stock by far.
I like that drop! Did u use the spacers with the X2 ball joints? I ask because I have a 1.5 drop on the front and it's not as low as yours,

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Since i already have a thread going do i need any special tools for the mach 1 grill delete kit. I heard the 4 screws under the grill thats connected to the bumper is the hardest part of this install. What's the best way to get those out and exactly what tool would i need. I'm a noob when it comes to working on cars, i have never worked on one in my life so this is the first car i'm gonna do small jobs on. My toolbox consists of a few screwdrivers and a set of wrenches, yes it's sad. Would these tools suffice for the grill delete install or will i need something else. Thanks guys
i literally just riped it off the 4 tabs and it worked for me

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Coilover kit.....then you can tailor it to the exact ride height you're looking for!!!

BTW I'm in Los Feliz next to Griffith Park so I'm close to you.........

John

1 - 20 of 50 Posts