Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my 2010, i'm planning on getting ford racing springs and J&M C/C plates. Do I need to get new shocks/struts? will the stock ones be enough for now?

·
Registered
584 Posts
You don't HAVE to swap out the shocks/struts, but many people do it all at once to save on labor. From what I've heard most people that just go the spring route eventually get tired of the stock shocks/struts and change them. I'm waiting to do it all at once.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
you dont have to. i didnt but i do want to but i installed my springs myself so there was no labor cost.

·
Registered
597 Posts
one more question, do you have to switch out the C/C plates? my car only has 18000 miles on it, will the stock parts work?
depending on how low you are going, depends on the need for C/C plates

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ford racing springs im looking at are a 1.25" drop. I'm just wondering because if I need the C/C plates I want to get them at the same time. I really don't want to tear up my tires over a couple hundred dollar part that would have saved them from wearing out. Thanks for all your help it is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
im still on my factory strut mounts with no issues other than my alignment being off but im much lower than you will be

1 - 8 of 8 Posts