Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a ONE inch drop IF I want to maintain an awesomely comfortable ride...if I just go with springs do I need different shocks, struts?

PLUS I have 20inch Carrol Shelby CS69's think I'll have any scrubbing issues with that mild of a drop? Running 255 front and 275 back no spacers.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I did somewhere between 1 to 1.5" drop with steeda springs. Went with Koni STR.T shocks (the orange ones). And LCA's, adj UCA, adj panhard.

I have stock wheels and tires though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do lca and uca affect ride quality...not sure what changing them out improves or worsens..also what size rim/tire do you run I have 20" and looking to find out if fender scrub issues are prevalent when slightly lowered with 20's.. thanks

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
I lowered mine about 1.5" all the way around and have 20" Boss 338's with regular thickness tires (not insanely low profile) and definitely felt the bumps in the road.

That's just the price of lookin good lol

Oh, n I don't have any rubbing issues. Not with the car, anyway :shiftyeyes

Sent from the phone :|

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
That's on your new edge Lethal? Or do you have an S197 now? I was gonna ask before I bouth my kit as well. I'm gonna go with the Eibach Pro-Kit Plus that comes with everything as well as some J&M Camber plates. I have a set of 20's and was worried they may rub. Anyone running a similar suspension set up with 20's experiencing problems with rubbage?

·
8,782 Posts
That is on my 2008 GT, which I still have. Ford Racing lowering springs. No rubbing issues at all. N I didn't change out the shocks...just the springs.

For me to take the stock wheels off my Cobra, their replacements have gotta be something really really special.

·
8,782 Posts
I'm sure the complete kit you're planning on buying will make the ride 10x more better..not just stiffer. I regret not doing the same with my 08...especially with the streets we have here.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i have no rubbing issues with 255 on the front and 285 on the rear lowered 1.9" front and 2.1" rear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts