Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys sorry for asking such a stupid question, and i know its probably been covered a million times. but i was wondering, i just bought a set of eibachi pro kit lowering springs for my 01 stang gt. and i was wondering do i need to buy a caster and camber kit? or can i get buy without it?

·
Registered
806 Posts
you dont need a caster camber kit with the pro kit, just let them settle and get an alignment

·
Registered
806 Posts
i got an alignment and so did my friend after the pro-kit and our cars are fine and perfectly aligned

i would get C/C plates with any drop bigger than the prokit

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i do need them then correct?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
IF you can afford to get them..why not and just get them. I think..think that cc plates just make an alignment more accurate with lowerd springs. Thats why most say you do need them but you can have a lowerd car and still drive it without cc plates.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
IF you can afford to get them..why not and just get them. I think..think that cc plates just make an alignment more accurate with lowerd springs. Thats why most say you do need them but you can have a lowerd car and still drive it without cc plates.
no, you need the CC plates to get your camber within spec, the stock ones are jsut barely adjustable. castor will stay pretty damn close thoguh when lowered, it doesnt affect castor too much, theres no caster adjustment really on the stock plates, but it stays ok though.

·
Registered
806 Posts
i didn't need them. every car is different

if you got the extra cash get them. they are a good thing to have, i just don't see them as 100% necessary with a 1.5 drop

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
you dont 'need' them, but if you want it to be aligned properly you will. i have been running my springs for quite a while almost a year and i haven't had any treadwear issues. you can tell they are slanted slightly in at the top but its not bad at all.

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
you dont 'need' them, but if you want it to be aligned properly you will. i have been running my springs for quite a while almost a year and i haven't had any treadwear issues. you can tell they are slanted slightly in at the top but its not bad at all.
This is a very simple solution to your problem. Eibach Alignment Kit

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
you dont need the cc plates man but if you got em, you can align your car better. but it still runs smooth and looks great with just the springs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you don't get them theres a good chance your wheels will lean in at the top. Kinda giving it / \ a look like that from the front or rear. It will be less extreme and differ from car to car but even if you don't think you need them now, in a lil while when the springs settle you will notice it.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
get them why your at it, if KC has done that many alignments im sure he has picked up some knowledge about needing the plates along the way, how much are you dropping it? i didnt buy anything else when i lowered my mach but i only bought FRPP C springs and took out my rubber insultors for a better drop, and i dont have any issues, but id get the plates

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
just go ahead and get them. some cars might be okay without them, but why tempt fate? instead of having to buy new tires due to premature tread wear, spend the extra cash up front and get the Caster/Camber plates. i went with Maximum Motorsports 4 bolt plates and a Steeda Bumpsteer Kit and i have no alignment or adverse tread wear issues...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok guys thanks a lot. i really appreciate everyones help. i think im gonna go ahead and get them while im at it. and im thinking while im at it i might as well get some lower control arms for the rear (those are the ones i need right, i dont need uppers do i)

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
ok guys thanks a lot. i really appreciate everyones help. i think im gonna go ahead and get them while im at it. and im thinking while im at it i might as well get some lower control arms for the rear (those are the ones i need right, i dont need uppers do i)
Yeah, you should get both uppers and lowers for the rear.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
if you have the cash it would be nice to go ahead and get them, it will make a difference.. but as said above, your car is not gonna fall apart goin down the road if you dont have them

·
Registered
26 Posts
No you don't need them if you like to half ass your ****.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts