Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the BMR lowering springs for my 08 gt. Will I have to upgrade the shocks or will the factory ones work? I am hoping they will and do I need to order anything else in order to do the install?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You dont have to change the shocks. For street use it will be alright. Those springs are going to be hard on your shocks though and if you are going to race it then you should change them. also those springs are lowering it 1.75 in rear, getting real close to a point you need to relocate the rear.
What does relocating the rear involve doing?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Adjustable UCA I believe....maybee an adjustable panhard as well.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
The BMR kit includes everything you need to properly lower the car. You could add shocks and struts but they aren't necessary.

If you do want to upgrade the shocks, I recommend Tokico D-Specs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long will it be before I would have to replace the OEM shocks if I waited, and what would be the advantages of doing it now?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That BMR lowering kit comes with everything you need, but again, like redfire said, some upgraded shocks would be a good idea too, but not necessary.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
lowering your vehicle without the shocks will give you a bit more of a harsher ride.

I recommend getting the shocks with the rest of your parts. People are gonna rave about getting the Tokico D-Specs which are literally the best out there. D-Specs are adjustable to your comfort level of driving. now if your not a big fan of adjusting and just want to bolt and go, you can always look into the Tokico HP Shocks and or the steeda pro action shocks (made by tokico). these kits are non adjustable. it will overall increase your handling and greatly reduce the harsh ride quality when you lower the vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts