Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, just put new wheels on my car and now I would like to lower it. I was wondering whether I should go with Eibach pro-kit, which claims to lower 1"-1.5" or the Eibach sportline kit, which claims to lower 1.7"-2.3"
Or should I go with something else entirely? Thanks for any help or input.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
this topic has been brought up numerous times in the last couple months...do a little searching and you will find out that its more than just springs...

welcome to the forums btw...yes i know i sound like an ass by saying what i said, but its at the breaking point.

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
dont you need c/c plates to get the sportline springs

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
here is my car with sportlines and 18s, if your running 18s you will have rubbing problems with a 275 or bigger tire in the back. rolling the fenders is a simple fix. sportlines will rop the crap out of your car. and you will need cc plates, and is advisable to reaplce the shocks and struts at the same time. also if you headers, youll need to be very careful on bumps and stuff, and also your front bumper can hit occasionally on steeper inclines.

and also i must say, you eally needto lower your car. its sitting liek a 4x4. ive never figured out why ford doesnt release them a litte lower so they dont look retarded

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
also your pasenger front tire is on backwards

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
here is mine when it was on stock bullitts and the 17" prokit:

with it on 18's:

and with DD 17's:

These are with all 4 isolators and not cut.

i've recently switched to the FRPP C springs, but dont have any pics yet... waiting on them the settle a little more.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I have H&R Sport Springs, along with my K member, U&L Controls Arms my car sits pretty low. Almost a 2" drop up front, and and 1.66" in back, and it was lower at first. I think that you will like the Eibach Pro Kit if you dont want any issues. I had to raise mine so I can put into my office parking lot.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i knwo what your saying about them being directional, but his front passenger side one is on backwards. the tread pattern is facing the wrong way

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have the same tires there designed to ride both ways, says vredestein.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, well to specify I have 17x9 in front, 17x10.5 in back with Vredestein 275/40ZR17's (front) / 315/35ZR17 (back) tires. I don't want to worry about replacing a lot of parts and worry about getting romped on every bump, just a moderate, tasteful lowering, any good suggestions for that?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
just go with the prokit, itll give a nice lowering and you wont have to wrory about hitting everything in the road

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
but why run one side of your tires tread direction one way, but run the other side the other way

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
but why run one side of your tires tread direction one way, but run the other side the other way
i was thinking the same thing...he probably had a tire shop that didnt pay attention to what they were doing.

but since they are biased ply, i wouldnt go and get them reversed unless it the tires have very low mileage...otherwise, he will shred that tire real quick.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts