Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, So I have a 2013 v6. I am looking at lowering it but I am not sure what all I need.

I know I will need springs, and I was looking at the Eibach Sportline set, as AM has them 11% off plus Eibach will rebate me 10% also.

I am also heard I will need new struts, and mounts. Any suggestions on what ones I should get? I am also on a tight budget, so less money I can spend the better.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sell it and buy a gt

/thread

Jk, I would recommend caster camber plates though, depending on how low you go they might be required but they are better to get anyways

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Do it right the first time.

Shocks
Struts
Cc plates
Springs
Adj phb

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
BaggedandBlown
152 Posts
if your tight on cash then just get the springs for now. the drop you get from springs is not going to be enough to cause your brand new struts to have any problems and they wont creek. once you get more money you can always change your struts and mounts, its an easy install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm running the sportlines and an adjustable panhard bar and thats it. Honestly i haven't even gotten an alignment and its been like 4k miles..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wait until you have enough money to do it right. You're going to need about $1000.

I've heard and observed that while Eibach struts/shocks are better than your OEM parts, nobody serious about their car's handling runs them.

I run Eibach springs and sway bars, but I use Koni for shocks/struts.

Also, you're going to have to replace the front strut mounts. If you're not going more than an inch lower in the front, you can save money by getting the GT500 strut mounts, and if necessary, camber bolts. That will save you a couple hundred dollars on parts.

·
Hot rod Stang
550 Posts
Has anyone here lowered just the rear? BMR sells springs for the rear.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Has anyone here lowered just the rear? BMR sells springs for the rear.
The suspension is a delicate balance of rigidity and compliance. To be honest, I think it's a bad idea to do one end of the car without understanding or considering how the unmodified end of the car is going to react as a result.

Unless you're building the car specifically to race, and you've "done the math" regarding your suspension load, I think the smart play is to just do it the way everyone else does it - with a complete front/rear spring replacement.

In other words, do it right the first time, and don't cheap-out.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Our rear springs are actually a good match for the front set-up. We keep the rear rate realistic, with 160lb linear working rate.

I have thousands of customers who have used the rear springs on the 2011+ chassis with great success.

·
fast and on the gas
2 Posts
FYI: I am extremely familiar with EIbach products, for various reasons. Don't even bother with springs if you just want it to kill your fender gap thats great but your ride will suffer. I cant speak for other spring brands but if you want something that will give you great performance out of the box just save up for coilovers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts