Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to get this puppy lowered now that my saleens are going in.
I decided I wanted the ford racing springs, but now I'm questioning the drop it will have for me. A stock V6 or GT sits a bit higher than my GT premium. I've noticed this in plenty of pictures. My concern is the ford racing springs will give me basically no drop from it's current stance. My concern with the HR springs is that I'll now have to buy all this other **** like caster camber plates for $199 etc

Is there anything I can do to put on HR or eibach springs without having to spend even more on other suspension accessories? At least with the ford springs you don't require anything else, but if there's no drop then it's pointless either way. I checked customer pics on American muscle and the drop on the ford springs looks basically the same as the other springs but who really knows what those cars have.

Thanks in advance.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Your could get the Ford spring and cut a coil off. Before everyone freaks out, you cant just chop as much off as you want. Removing a dead coil or 2 will work though. You'll drop about the thickness of the spring.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
So I need to get this puppy lowered now that my saleens are going in.
I decided I wanted the ford racing springs, but now I'm questioning the drop it will have for me. A stock V6 or GT sits a bit higher than my GT premium. I've noticed this in plenty of pictures. My concern is the ford racing springs will give me basically no drop from it's current stance. My concern with the HR springs is that I'll now have to buy all this other **** like caster camber plates for $199 etc

Is there anything I can do to put on HR or eibach springs without having to spend even more on other suspension accessories? At least with the ford springs you don't require anything else, but if there's no drop then it's pointless either way. I checked customer pics on American muscle and the drop on the ford springs looks basically the same as the other springs but who really knows what those cars have.

Thanks in advance.
i would go with H&r and then just get camber bolts for 30 bucks until you can afford some cc plates

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
I have h&r ss and no cc plates and I have zero problems. The only other thing I did that helps that I would recommend is getting offset bushings for the steering rack. Stance is awesome though

·
Registered
890 Posts
You can install lowering springs. The only problem is that you need to properly adjust tire alignment. Thus need for caster camber plate regardless of any drop. They help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Helpful guys. Thanks

Funny because before posting this I was also going to look into cutting the Ford Springs by a coil, but wanted to first touch on the basics.

Would this in theory turn the ford springs into basically HR springs if I cut the coil? I mean in terms of will I now have to get CC's and all that?

In other words is the height of the sprins alone the reason you typically require new suspension accessories or is it the brand that dictates this? If I can just cut a coil on the Ford's and not have to get into all new suspension accessories i'll just do that.

Thanks

EDIT:

Here is something interesting I dug up. A lot of people seem to remove their isolators in the front and back which will drop the car some. To remedy any noise from the metal on metal contact just wrap the top coils in electrical tap. I'm going to try this method.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
get eibach prokit or sportlines, get some max. motorsports cc plates and your set

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
get eibach prokit or sportlines, get some max. motorsports cc plates and your set

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is the stance I'm looking for, hardhitter. Very nice.

The thing I don't get is why is there such a difference between pictures of people with the same springs?? I've seen HR springs on GTs that don't look as low as the picture you just provided? I've also seen ford c springs that still look rather high stance after.

Why is this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Maybe they took pics before they let the springs settle or the might have installed them wrong? I have isos in but I have a lot of weight up front like a supercharger, intercooler and optima battery.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Maybe they took pics before they let the springs settle or the might have installed them wrong? I have isos in but I have a lot of weight up front like a supercharger, intercooler and optima battery.

How is your ride quality. I see the "B" springs have less spring rate vs the "C"
Which would have a better ride quality given the below specs? They both drop the same height it seems. I use this as a Daily Driver.

B : 425lb-530lb front, 200lb-300lb rear. 1.5" drop front and .75" drop rear with V8.

C: 650lb front, 200-300lb rear. 1.5" drops front and .75" drop rear with V8.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts