Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have an 01 gt , done quite a few mods ,was thinkin about lowering car with the lowering springs, whats a good amount to lower and is there anything else i will need to do after lowering car, and does it make that much differance or just for looks? thanks

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
it will help handling somewhat, id say no more then 2 inches tops, FRPP C springs are great, as are the eibachs and steedas are good to, but pricey

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have the eibach pro kit, its a 1.5in drop and they ride great, looks really cool too. but i think i like the looks of the 2in. drop a little better. X2 balljoints correct the roll center of the car when you lower it. i don't have them on my car yet but i'm planing on getting them.

·
Registered
638 Posts
1.5-2 inches is good. Headers, rims, and size of tires play a part in getting the right springs. I have longtubes with 18 inch wheels, i went with the 1.5 inch drop due to clearance purposes.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i have had the eibach pro kit for almost 2 years now and have really enjoyed them, but am switching to the FRPP C kit for a stiffer spring.... my roommates car rides so much better than mine with the C Kit

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i went with the Eibach Pro's. found a set on ebay for 162 with like 3k miles on them. 1 1/2 drop. i also added Maximum Motorsports 4 bolt CC plates and a Steeda Bumpsteer Kit. looks great, handles great, ride quality is nice, not too harsh, not too soft. Steeda and H+R also make some nice springs. some are more expensive than others, true, but remember, you get what you pay for. FRPP also makes some nice springs. just stick to a well-known brand and you should be fine...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I have the H&R supersprts and love them. I recomend them. 1.75 in. drop in front and 1.5 in the rear

·
Registered
852 Posts
question if one does a 1.5inch drop how long will the stock shocks last? would the stock struts go bad?\

I have a 2000 Mustang GT with about 56k miles

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Caster Camber plates, Bumpsteer, New Shocks and struts( The ride may be really bumpy after lowering your car, Could be worse than stock), X2Ball Joints, and Spring Isolaters. and then get an alignment

All these items i listed is if you are going to go all out on cost. Some of these items such as bumpsteer and shocks/struts are for pretty much preference if you think your car needs it. If you really like performance then do everything i listed.

·
Registered
638 Posts
if you're doing a drop without upgraded springs/shocks its gonna make your car ride rough. if you're gonna do suspension do it right in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
yeah do it right if you can afford it. Im not sure if you realized how much suspension can actually add up to. I know i didnt when i researched all this stuff a while back. With all the items you need to do it right you are looking at around $1,000

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well I was gonna upgrade in stages, Was gonna get H&R sport springs 1.6inch front 1.5inch rear, caster camber plates, spring Isolaters, bumpsteer kit.

Then was gonna get shocks/struts down the road.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Well I was gonna upgrade in stages, Was gonna get H&R sport springs 1.6inch front 1.5inch rear, caster camber plates, spring Isolaters, bumpsteer kit.

Then was gonna get shocks/struts down the road.
yeah im also getting the H&R set up. But im also doing the stage thing like you too. Im going to do the shocks and struts and bumpsteer last.

·
Registered
638 Posts
yeah if you don't have the cash right now you might as well. I just like saving up and doing everything at once so I don't have to go into stuff more than once.
good luck

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I think just the 1.5 drop makes a WORLD of diff. If you ever get to put your car right next to one that is lowerd you can see how much better it looks.. i got the FRPP C-springs and im not getting cc plates unless i find some for a great price. I know the camber wont be 100% perfect but i dont drive my car every day..and when i do i try not to put too many miles on her.

·
Registered
638 Posts
the camber isn't even perfect with my steeda's plates. I believe its the inside of my passenger front tire that is getting eatin up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts