Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought the Eibach pro-kit lowering springs and was wondering if i need to have my wheels re-aligned. the kit should lower my car aroung 1.4 to 1.7 inches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yup... I would look at some Spec EZ Camber Bolts. You can find them from $20 - $30 online or locally. When you lower the front / rear suspension then you alter the geometry of the vehicle. Front camber and possibly the rear sticking out a little further on the drivers side than before. Also the pinion angle will change on the rear end too.

If you get concerned then you can always pick up an adjustable panhard bar to pull the rear end back into the center. As for the pinion angle, no need to fear it going out a bit. It will affect you on the strip and can be corrected with some adjustable LCA's and / or relocation brackets.

·
RIP Dennis
76,422 Posts
^^^Exactly what I was going to say...

The camber bolts are pretty much amust becuase they have not came out with cast & camber plates for the S197's...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks good. When I took mine to get aligned after being lowered, the tech said it was hardly worth it afterwards because caster, camber and toe were almost perfect still

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, yeah i'm going to get it aligned anyway just to be safe. The tires aren't cheap but i have heard with the Eibach pro kit the alignment is pretty close.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
^^^Exactly what I was going to say...

The camber bolts are pretty much amust becuase they have not came out with cast & camber plates for the S197's...
Do you mean like any of these

Maximum Motorsports 2005-2008 Mustang Caster Camber Plates, black powdercoat finish

StangSuspension.com Camber Plates - For 05-08 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com
Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts - For 05-08 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com

And for the pinion angle its not adjustable lower control arms or relocations brackets that you need. Its the adjustable Upper control arm you need to fix the pinioin angle.

The s197 has a 3 link not a 4 link.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you mean like any of these

Maximum Motorsports 2005-2008 Mustang Caster Camber Plates, black powdercoat finish

StangSuspension.com Camber Plates - For 05-08 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com
Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts - For 05-08 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com

And for the pinion angle its not adjustable lower control arms or relocations brackets that you need. Its the adjustable Upper control arm you need to fix the pinioin angle.

The s197 has a 3 link not a 4 link.
yeah i think i should have bought those camber plates but for now i have the camber bolts and i really shouldn't need too much correction on my camber up front but i'll have to see.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
firestone has lifetime alignments for around $150 i got mine for i think 125. you may think this is a bit much, but after you pay for an alignment twice you will have almost paid for the lifetime. also when you have them align it make sure you tell them to put it into the specs for a shelby gt as they are lowered to vertually the same height as the pro kit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey the tools worked out great i will be sending them back to you tomorrow. Thanks you have been a great help. The ride quality is better than i expected, the combonation of the Eibach springs and D-specs work great. i have them set to 3 from hard up front and 4 on the back struts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey Aper, the ride looks great man =)

I got the same lowering kit on my ride.. let me ask you, do your springs make any noise? Are they supposed to make any noise for the first couple of weeks or anything? When my car first gets moving I can hear them a little bit..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool. How do you like the cams
hey usafimy the cams are great they really pull hard up high. I drove the stang with the stock 3.55's in and i cold really fell the difference. Then when the 4.10's were installed the next day it made teh Stang really fun to drive. Also i thnk the exhaust note from these NSR's are underated i really like the sound of these cams.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Aper, the ride looks great man =)

I got the same lowering kit on my ride.. let me ask you, do your springs make any noise? Are they supposed to make any noise for the first couple of weeks or anything? When my car first gets moving I can hear them a little bit..
Hey kryologik i don''t hear any noises with my suspension setup. What type of noises are you haearing (squeaking, banging, clanging, popping..etc)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey kryologik i don''t hear any noises with my suspension setup. What type of noises are you haearing (squeaking, banging, clanging, popping..etc)
Kind of like squeakin.. it sounds almost like the springs are settling or something.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kind of like squeakin.. it sounds almost like the springs are settling or something.

shouldn't be squeakin call who ever put them on to make sure the put new spring insulators on are atleast used the old ones. I haven't read anything saying they should squeak the setup should be nice and quiet. What type of panhard bar did you get? I got stangsuspension's adjustable panhard but even with the rodends my setup is quiet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts