Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I am thinking of lowering the stang... I was wondering if I need to buy new C/C plates when I do this... or is it something I can buy later on thanks for the help.
Ryan

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
and also with a 2" or > drop, you may want to consider new shocks/struts for ride quality. i dropped 1.25-1.5" with ford c springs and i have a perfect alignment but i dont think you could go more than 1.5" and maintain perfect camber, you will wear the inside wall more...

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
You'll need an alignment either way, as far as getting the correct camber you won't be able to do that with anymore than a half inch drop. Although, camber can get close enough for a 1 - 1.25" drop or so. I can live with the camber from a 1.5" drop myself, but they'll be tire wear on the inside. If your on a budget and don't want to spend $150+ for CC plates Steeda sells camber bolts that'll get the job done for less than $20 I think. Their smaller strut bolts, allowing for you to change the camber there. Something about their bolts, or washers or something helps keep the bolts from moving around on the strut housing so you'll keep your alignment.

I just used some smaller diamter bolts from a hardware store, but they only lasted a couple weeks until I lost my alignment. The Steeda's are supposed to stay put.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts