Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna lower my stock 2000 gt but i wanna ride on 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back.. what kit should i go with and what tire combo??

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
you can go with any spring set up really. its just how miuch of a drop you want. Sportlines will give you a 2.00Inch drop. Pro kit will give you a 1.5 and H&R's SS Springs will give you a 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear.

By the way this is the wrong section to post this question but its alright. but next time you will want to post in the Modular Mustang Area and then go by the year mustang you have. Since you put this in the wrong section that is why noone responded to you.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
you can use whatever springs you want. you just need to adjust the tire sidewall height whenn you buy new tires. mines lowered 1.5 up front and 1.75 out back. I run 18's with a 35 profile and have nooooooo problems.

·
Registered
255 Posts
go to american muscle and it will tell you what tire size you need for the rims you want. im running h&r ss springs and 17 and i have plenty of room for 18's. think 18's also raise your car too

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
^ It depends on the profile you get

·
Registered
142 Posts
Guide

I'm running Eibach Pro-kit springs with 1.5 inch drop on stock rims/tires.
Looking at going with Eibach Coil-overs and 18x9 up front with 245/40/18 NT05's
and 18x10 rear with 285/35/18 NT05's

Link to Tire Guide on American Muscle Click 99-04 Tire Guide to see the tire options for all different sized rims.
Mustang Tires - Aspect Ratio, Tire Width, and Wheel Diameter Explained at AmericanMuscle.com

Wheels guides at American Muscle
Mustang Wheels - A Simple Buyer's Guide
Mustang Wheel Tech Guide - Mustang Wheel Backspacing, Bolt Pattern, and Offset Explained at AmericanMuscle.com

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
i wanna lower my stock 2000 gt but i wanna ride on 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back.. what kit should i go with and what tire combo??
Eibach Springs, and invest in the pro damper kit.. makes all the difference.

18x9 and 18x10, 275x35R18 all around, clean look, no need to mess with the speedo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts