Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have read so many threads about people asking if they have lowered the cars yet. I want to know if there is anything benifical to lowering your car. Besides looks :cool:

Now Im not saying skip suspension work, I plan to do all that, I just cant see the pratical use of loweing my stang, its a damn american muscle car, not some tiny import deponding on a turbo to get around.

Plus, why spend a ton of money on springs when everytime I go over a speedbump or my driveway I bottom the damn thing out because it sits 2inchs off the ground? God knows I come close on base with their damn 18inch speed humps at the gate w/o being lowered.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Lowering your car increases gas mileage on the highway, looks better, improves braking because you have less nose dive, and most importantly improves your cornering ability.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i dont know the exact physics and the hole blah blah bout gravity and whatnot BUT lowering the mustang def gives it a new look, in a BA way. it does lower the cars center of gravity, so im assuming it has to be beneficial to you in some way. i did it mainly for the looks but the handling did feel better after i lowered my stangs(97GT & 03GT) I recommend them.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Ok, in a nutshell.... Aerodynamics! The lowered car lets less air enter the underside of the car which in turn helps the center of gravity while cornering, helps keep the car planted at high speeds, and gives it a mean look. Just a few things. It also will tighten up that pillow soft stock suspension so you can really throw it in the turns and it should help you with weight transfer for traction, and braking. It's up to you, but you don't have to drop the car 2" you can get better springs that only lower the car 1"-3/4". It's your car do what you want but I highly reccomend getting some kind of aftermarket suspension, unless you just drive the car as a grocery getter.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
alright man, well said..... in a nutshell.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Okay, I have read so many threads about people asking if they have lowered the cars yet. I want to know if there is anything benifical to lowering your car. Besides looks :cool:

Now Im not saying skip suspension work, I plan to do all that, I just cant see the pratical use of loweing my stang, its a damn american muscle car, not some tiny import deponding on a turbo to get around.

Plus, why spend a ton of money on springs when everytime I go over a speedbump or my driveway I bottom the damn thing out because it sits 2inchs off the ground? God knows I come close on base with their damn 18inch speed humps at the gate w/o being lowered.

I have the same problem man. I want to lower my ride but problem is that i'm afraid that with my mach1 chin and 4 inch hump on my driveway I will make my chin spoiler look like i got it from a junk yard and paid my blind uncle to put it on. Plus i drive a lot and the roads in chicago suck so I'm assuming that it might get too tight and uncomfortible to drive.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
You shouldn't rip your spoiler off. I haven't ripped mine off yet, and my car is lowered 13/4" up front ad 15/8" in the rear. I don't live in the city though I have paved country 2 lanes w/ no cops so I drive like a mad man.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You shouldn't rip your spoiler off. I haven't ripped mine off yet, and my car is lowered 13/4" up front ad 15/8" in the rear. I don't live in the city though I have paved country 2 lanes w/ no cops so I drive like a mad man.
The front of your car is lowered 3 1/4"???:eek:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
LMAO! hey how do I get all of the smiley face things?
When you click 'post reply' or 'quote', they will be on the right side of the text field:mad::no:eek::p:tomato:D;):eek::wave:D:drink

·
Registered
183 Posts
When you click 'post reply' or 'quote', they will be on the right side of the text field:mad::no:eek::p:tomato:D;):eek::wave:D:drink
Since you seem so good with the way this forum works. Tell me how to get my picture in my profile

I mean i have my pictures uploaded but for some reason they dont show. Oh and i want to put a signiture below when i write stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts